Date: Wednesday 29th December 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 GMT
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Edward Smart, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
VAR: Kevin Friend
Additional VAR: Simon Beck

TEAM NEWS

Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante is expected to miss out after he sustained another knee injury in the Boxing Day win at Aston Villa.

Thiago Silva will be assessed after coming off at Villa Park with a tight hamstring, while Ruben Loftus-Cheek (ankle) could return following three games out.

Ben Chilwell is set to miss the rest of the season because he requires surgery on the ACL injury he suffered versus Juventus in November.

Brighton & Hove Albion welcome back Yves Bissouma from suspension but Leandro Trossard (hamstring) faces a late fitness test.

Lewis Dunk (knee) and Jeremy Sarmiento (hamstring) remain out although Joel Veltman could be available after he was rested for the win against Brentford.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton & Hove Albion have won only one of their 16 matches against Chelsea in all competitions, a 2-1 home victory in the FA Cup third round on 14 January 1933. It was the first competitive fixture between the clubs.
    [*=left]In the top four tiers of English football, Brighton have played a league game versus 109 different opponents. The only one they have failed to beat in a league fixture is Chelsea.
    [*=left]Brighton have lost their seven matches at Stamford Bridge by an aggregate score of 14-0. The Seagulls only avoided defeat in a goalless Premier League draw on 20 April 2021.
Chelsea

• [*=left]Chelsea's tally of 41 points is their highest at the halfway stage since 2016-17, when they went on to win the title.
    [*=left]They can win consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since they won all four league games in October.
    [*=left]Chelsea have not lost their final Premier League game of a calendar year since 2011, when they were beaten 3-1 by Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge.
    [*=left]Chelsea could lose five Premier League home fixtures in the same calendar year for the first time since 1995.
    [*=left]They have dropped points in three of their past four Premier League home games, while they needed a 94th-minute penalty by Jorginho to beat Leeds United in the other.
    [*=left]Edouard Mendy could become just the fifth goalkeeper in Premier League history to keep 25 clean sheets in his opening 50 appearances. The others are are Petr Cech (33), Pepe Reina (28), Alisson (26) and Jerzy Dudek (25).
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton begin this matchround ninth in the Premier League table. Their highest top-flight position at the turn of the year is ninth in 1981-82.
    [*=left]Brighton ended a club top-flight record run of 11 consecutive winless matches by beating Brentford on Boxing Day.
    [*=left]They have lost only one of their eight Premier League away fixtures this campaign, but that run includes drawing five of their past six games on the road.
    [*=left]Brighton have won only one of their 14 Premier League fixtures played on a Wednesday, a 1-0 victory at Liverpool on 3 February.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay is one short of equalling Glenn Murray's club record of 26 Premier League goals.
    [*=left]Maupay can become the first Brighton player to score in four consecutive Premier League appearances.

[tweet]1476259340847927303[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1476259340847927303

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
So we've never even scored at Stamford bridge?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The way that Chelsea are playing this year, I would settle for a point right now. Now we have some players back from injury & suspension it’s looking better , buoyed up by Monday night’s success I can hope for more but not too despondent if we don’t.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hope we get one of those draw things we’re so good at getting.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still never beaten Chelsea in a League match, they have been worse times to play them.

I'm going for a draw

D

Deleted member 2719

Is anyone mentally massaging young Trossards hamstring for most of today???

We really could do with him, although i trust in Potter to make it difficult for Chelsea.

I also trust in our fans up Stamford to be heard loud and clear.:albion2::banana::bhasign:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
MASSIVE game. And free to view on Amazon.

This is a PRIME opportunity to bag another 3 points.

1-3 Brighton blow the bloody doors off - never been looser UTA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just noticed that Everton will have had a three week break by the time we play them and we’ll be playing our third game in 8 days. I think we need something from tonight’s game as we are very unlikely to get anything on Sunday. We are shit at Goodison anyway

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Quick reminder that the game's being shown on Amazon Prime and you can sign up for a free 30 day trial via the link at the top of this page
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited, looking forward to invading the shed

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quick reminder that the game's being shown on Amazon Prime and you can sign up for a free 30 day trial via the link at the top of this page

Unless you have already had a free trial in the past. I signed up on the equivalent thread last year and was charged for a month. Wasn’t clear at any stage in the process that this would happen. Sneaky ********.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here