Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Due to the removal of the previous Connolly thread (that I didn't post on) I'm providing a quick rundown of the last thread in an unbiased way so everyone can continue their discussions.
General discussions were..
He's s**t or he's not **t
Has a bad attitude or his attitude is fine.
Various things posted about his off field antics that were either disapproved of or it's no one business. Highlights include Shoosh nightclub, Love Island and fighting. Most recent includes unfollowing BHA in Instagram and not wearing a mask.
The final posts were about a rumoured move to Middlesbrough. Some people offering to drive him, some offering to give him a lift back if he improves. Personally I don't like some of his stupid hair cuts/colours and he doesn't score enough goals. That's as far as my opinion goes. I consider myself to be on the fence. I hope this round up is helpful for ongoing discussion. :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Due to the removal of the previous Connolly thread (that I didn't post on) I'm providing a quick rundown of the last thread in an unbiased way so everyone can continue their discussions.
General discussions were..
He's s**t or he's not **t
Has a bad attitude or his attitude is fine.
Various things posted about his off field antics that were either disapproved of or it's no one business. Highlights include Shoosh nightclub, Love Island and fighting. Most recent includes unfollowing BHA in Instagram and not wearing a mask.
The final posts were about a rumoured move to Middlesbrough. Some people offering to drive him, some offering to give him a lift back if he improves. Personally I don't like some of his stupid hair cuts/colours and he doesn't score enough goals. That's as far as my opinion goes. I consider myself to be on the fence. I hope this round up is helpful for ongoing discussion. :D

You missed

[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] fought Aaron’s corner like a Viking on a rape and pillage expedition

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
and with regards to the potential Middlesbrough move:

he followed their instagram and unfollowed ours, before following ours again

[tweet]1475517293824249864[/tweet]

...and also posted this on his instagram story before shortly deleting it:

20211228_002453.jpg

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
You missed

[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] fought Aaron’s corner like a Viking on a rape and pillage expedition

The good thing about me starting the thread is that I have no clue who said what, so it takes out any infighting. :)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Interesting reading the comments on the 'Boro fans forum, where opinion is already divided between the "Give him a chance if Brighton won't" contingent, and those saying "He's trouble, we don't need someone like this." This poster seems pretty astute.
Connolly.PNG

And...
Connolly1.PNG

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think he’ll score goals in the Championship, it’s what he needs. Middlesbrough though! :lolol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think he’ll score goals in the Championship, it’s what he needs. Middlesbrough though! :lolol:

Not too far from the nightclubs and 'scantily clad' young women of Newcastle on a Saturday night :whistle:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No confirmation its Connolly, but Middlesboro close to getting deals done.
--------------

Chris Wilder admits Middlesbrough are close to a couple of signings already, ahead of the opening of the January transfer window.

The Middlesbrough boss has spoken openly about working hard in preparation for the window in order to do deals early as he looks to strengthen his squad during the window.

And with under a week to go until the new year, reports from the Daily Mail claim that Brighton striker Aaron Connolly is close to completing a loan move to the club.

Speaking on Tuesday morning ahead of Boro's trip to Blackpool, Wilder said of incoming transfers: “We are close to a couple. We want to bring players in and we’re doing that as we speak.

“It’s not the quickest of markets, but we’re working, I should imagine, as hard as any team in this division to make things happen.”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport...ugh-transfers-january-aaron-connolly-22587600

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope for his own career that Connolly gets his head down and focuses when he is on loan.

It's a great opportunity to kick on.... if he takes it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I hope for his own career that Connolly gets his head down and focuses when he is on loan.

It's a great opportunity to kick on.... if he takes it.

He looked a great prospect when he first broke through, but youngsters are renowned for developing at different rates and he seems to have stagnated. Let's hope this works out well and we get back a better, more experienced and more confident striker. The only two regulars of a similar age are Moder and Lamptey and I suspect they are both extremely mature for their age.

He has time on his side yet :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here