Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FourFourTwo Ranks the 100 best football stadium in Britain

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This is a welcome distraction and I expect it will generate some discussion.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-100-best-football-stadiums-grounds-britain-uk-england-scotland-wales?utm_source=pocket_mylist

A few key highlights (there are many more)

• The Amex ranks reasonably well, yet is not the top ranked stadium in Sussex.
  • The list is overly long and failed to identify more than 62 half decent grounds
  • Sussex is a hot bed of quality football stadia
  • Don't ask me to explain how they came up with these rankings, I have no idea
  • Some very disappointing grounds in the Top 10

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think most football fans would agree that Old Trafford is not the 5th best stadium in the country. It’s probably subjective but having been to Ibrox I am pretty sure that isn’t number 1 either. I’m guessing this is just a random list of football grounds enjoyed by the writer with the ranking being entirely random. How else to explain Whitehawk’s ground being rated higher than the Amex ?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I can only assume they wrote that article, while out on their pre-Christmas piss up, drawing random balls out of a big bag of even more random football grounds!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's a weird mix of Sussex non-league grounds (and one questionably chosen at that) and lots of identikit bowls, bizarre list.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
This is a welcome distraction and I expect it will generate some discussion.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-100-best-football-stadiums-grounds-britain-uk-england-scotland-wales?utm_source=pocket_mylist

A few key highlights (there are many more)

• The Amex ranks reasonably well, yet is not the top ranked stadium in Sussex.
  • The list is overly long and failed to identify more than 62 half decent grounds
  • Sussex is a hot bed of quality football stadia
  • Don't ask me to explain how they came up with these rankings, I have no idea
  • Some very disappointing grounds in the Top 10

It’s not even the top ranked stadium in Brighton!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was written by a Scotsman, wasn’t it? Just guessing on grounds outside of Scotland :smile:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What an abysmally designed webpage. All on one page along with the usual clickbait ads = one terrible browsing experience.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Lousy article, poorly researched and written.

"England have only played home games at two grounds – Villa Park and Anfield – in all of the 1800s, 1900s and 2000s." (in the 'did you know section' for Villa's ground).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On the Amex:

BEST FEATURE The hawks that, without irony, scare away seagulls.

Really?

The resident Peregrine Falcon(s) (seen at the Brentford match) are a much better feature than any ‘paid for’ hawk bouncers that might be flown around the ground when there are no fans there.

What awful research!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What have the moon and the Amex got in common? Terrible transport links, zero atmosphere and devoid of any form of human life on match days.

:p

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
What I got from looking at that list (I stopped when I got to the Amex!!) was that there are some beautiful places around Britain that have a football ground by them.

Some of the backdrops where/are stunning

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bloody Hell...I had just read what the author had to say about The Amex, and scrolled down to see The Enclosed Ground at number 30, with two cheapskate cyclists watching from the hill...and one of them is me!

Lovely stuff.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
74 down, enjoyed this. Some nice picks from the Highland League. I do love the old character grounds, Fratton and Goodison for example. Its all individual prospective, but clearly missing Central Park of course.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The best ground in Sussex is of course

Fort Road

With a backdrop of the ferry arriving,this can't be beaten by any town in the county

CDDD5A54-72B0-4C77-9679-867C37D45831.jpeg

:thumbsup:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
On the Amex:

BEST FEATURE The hawks that, without irony, scare away seagulls.

Really?

The resident Peregrine Falcon(s) (seen at the Brentford match) are a much better feature than any ‘paid for’ hawk bouncers that might be flown around the ground when there are no fans there.

What awful research!

Wish he would just come out and say ticket sharing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here