Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross - we thank you

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What a signing and what a player he has been for the Albion. And he still has something to contribute as part of a squad.

But we were quicker in transition yesterday without him starting and I've felt he is less central to our plans this season.

Might we be seeing the end of his time at the Albion? Contract expires in the Summer, could start looking in January and I can't see us breaking the bank to keep him given the number of players competing for the midfield roles.

I have loved watching Pascal play. What a talent. Thanks for all those Gross Turns.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I have no idea if this is the last few months of his time with us but whenever he does leave, the media department need to go through every game he's played and make the definitive compilation of every single one of his Gross turns. That would be the very least he deserves.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I see him leaving us in the summer. Not because he a spent player with nothing to offer but just because the squad needs to evolve and his departure so someone with more longevity can come in for that position seems sensible. No point signing him up to another contract if his game time is just going to become more and more limited. To step forward we need to replace him with someone who combines his set piece/crossing ability with some more energy and pace in the midfield.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I have no idea if this is the last few months of his time with us but whenever he does leave, the media department need to go through every game he's played and make the definitive compilation of every single one of his Gross turns. That would be the very least he deserves.

Being realistic, we'd all need a week off work to sit down and watch such a compilation.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
he was our first signing after promotion. if anyone symbolises our PL era thus far, it's him. can definitely see him leaving in the near future, I think we're ready to move on, but he will always be a cult icon here

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a signing and what a player he has been for the Albion. And he still has something to contribute as part of a squad.

But we were quicker in transition yesterday without him starting and I've felt he is less central to our plans this season.

Might we be seeing the end of his time at the Albion? Contract expires in the Summer, could start looking in January and I can't see us breaking the bank to keep him given the number of players competing for the midfield roles.

I have loved watching Pascal play. What a talent. Thanks for all those Gross Turns.

Just another moderately-talented player just passing through. Are you his dad or agent or sonwthing? :moo:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Just another moderately-talented player just passing through. Are you his dad or agent or sonwthing? :moo:
Yes but without this moderately talented player we would not have had 5 seasons in the Premier League. His assists alone have probably kept us up for 2 or more seasons.

I agree with the other posters. His time may be up at the end of this one, but my son and I have enjoyed watching him doing the world's slowest turns and somehow even good defenders fall for it every time

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great player for us - 5 PL seasons at the club is not too shabby.

I hope he stays another year, but I'm convinced he'll go.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Being realistic, we'd all need a week off work to sit down and watch such a compilation.

I’ve bought 3 extra days leave next year to make sure I’m prepared for it. They need to start compiling it now, as it’ll take ages to put together and choose a suitable soundtrack.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

**** me, mate. Lighten up a bit, FFS!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A wonderful time wasting shot near the end last night, with the ball squirming out for a throw in the NE corner.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes but without this moderately talented player we would not have had 5 seasons in the Premier League. His assists alone have probably kept us up for 2 or more seasons.

I agree with the other posters. His time may be up at the end of this one, but my son and I have enjoyed watching him doing the world's slowest turns and somehow even good defenders fall for it every time

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

All olf this, and l don't necessarily thing his time with us is up yet, as much as we may want youngsters to come through, we need our experienced players too.

Take no notice of the Withdean Whinger, l don't. :D

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
A great player for the club. Without him assisting Murray in our first PL season we would not be where we are today.

A fantastic signing and a cult hero as another poster rightly said.

Those Cruyff turns are a joy to behold. To paraphrase Chris Waddle - you only need one trick to make it as a footballer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why write the obituary before the 'death'.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

And we all moan at [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION] and call him a no nothing troll.

I do sometimes wonder if you really do support Brighton, as the mask seems to be slipping more and more of late...!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here