Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Rail travel to Chelsea

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Not seen anything to the contrary re restrictions but (if travelling from the coast), train to Blackfriars and tube to Fulham Broadway?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
now you tell me (trains running)!! i set off from falmer stadium on foot last night and hope to arrive before ko Wednesday

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Fulham Broadway is nearest tube or Imperial Wharf on Overground is on the line from Clapham Junction.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
We're doing our usual for London games - drive to Southfields (hopefully the parking restrictions haven't changed) then tube it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Fulham Broadway is nearest tube or Imperial Wharf on Overground is on the line from Clapham Junction.

That's great IF you can get to Clapham Junction.

(No trains on the Balham line for starters)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We were going to drive to Orpington or Sevenoaks, train to Charing Cross, then district to Earl Court from Embankment and walk. Hopefully being the least crowded route.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I wasn’t driving I’d go to London Bridge, stroll over to Monument (10 mins max) and then jump on the tube to Earls Court or West Brompton

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We were going to drive to Orpington or Sevenoaks, train to Charing Cross, then district to Earl Court from Embankment and walk. Hopefully being the least crowded route.

That's the route I'd take and I live in Orpington. You can park at the station at Orpington - plenty of space (but obviously costs a bit).
Fast trains take 26 mins to get to Charing cross.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That's great IF you can get to Clapham Junction.

(No trains on the Balham line for starters)

Nothing between East Croydon and Clapham Junction. With the Hastings Line up the spout, I came back up to London tonight from the backwater of Buxted to East Croydon.

However, a Bolt cab from East Croydon to Balham (competitor to Uber) was only £12 albeit with some form of Xmas discount. Probably about £25 under normal circumstances.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Walk from fridge to sofa with beers and switch TV on. The sooner some of our fans learn Sky don’t want you in attendance the better. Btw, is KO still 23.30 because of the public holiday in Hanoi?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm glad they are renovating the line between East Croydon and Victoria but was surprised to read they are replacing equipment installed in the 1970s.

Didn't think the works went anywhere near Selhurst Park.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Apparently the trains to Charing Cross tomorrow are going round the Catford loop.
So will take an extra 10-15 minutes to get to London Bridge/Charing Cross. Just a heads up for those
going via the Kent route.

F*****g trains eh!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Orpington is perfect, Often park there when surveying in London. £5 for 24 hour parking in roads surrounding the station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here