Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Attendance figure for last night???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Less than half full. Brentford fans didn’t seem to have any issues traveling from London though. Once we scored the atmosphere seemed to liven up a bit (through the tele screen) which is par for the course. In theory we were down to the hardcore support undiluted by tourists.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Didn't hear them announce it in the stadium last night. I'd hazard a guess of 15,000. (That's based on going to that Palace cup match a few years ago where there only 12,000 Brighton fans. There were more people there than that last night.)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Less than half full. Brentford fans didn’t seem to have any issues traveling from London though. Once we scored the atmosphere seemed to liven up a bit (through the tele screen) which is par for the course. In theory we were down to the hardcore support undiluted by tourists.

Fair summary of exactly what it was like there. I would guess 50-60% full.

And I notice they haven't even released the attendance for the BBC website, which AFAIK always has the attendance.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not really surprised by the low attendance and its pretty understandable. 8pm kick off, on Boxing Day, on Sky, with no trains, during a pandemic.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Maybe some fans also gave up when they got near the ground as the car parks at the University were all full.

Big queues around kick off on the University ring road, were the places over sold?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

42 years of following the club at crapholes like Scunthorpe, Canvey and Halifax and I am still just a tourist. :facepalm:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
From the east, the west looked less than half full. And looking at the east on MOTD, that looked well less than half. Fair play to Brentford fans for pretty much filling their allocation
Fantastic 3 points!

Yep, great 3 points! Brentford seemed to have a reduced allocation compared to all the other away fans this season - much wider gap of seats than normally between them and the Albion fans in the South Stand - at a guess around 1,000 fewer than Leeds. Definitely made a lot of noise though - shows the benefit of a load of singing fans all compressed in one space together!

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think someone said Brentford laid on buses for their fans so maybe it wasn't as much a problem for them as there is public transport in London I believe. They only took 1700 I think, which is down on the 3000 they normally would have brought down.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
42 years of following the club at crapholes like Scunthorpe, Canvey and Halifax and I am still just a tourist. :facepalm:

Yep, me too. Scunthorpe was great but the closest I got to Halifax was the pub near the ground that year it was called off. There was a little bit of humour intended in my comment but also reflection on what can be better atmosphere at a low attended but noisy ground compared to one full but passive. I was safely esconced on my sofa in the warm watching Sky by the way.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I’m a tourist too then DS. First game 1977. Followed them here, followed them there, but have the temerity to object to an 8pm Boxing Day kick off and I’m out on my ear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Whatever it was it was certainly louder than when it's full, which I can't quite figure out but thems the facts.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I’m a tourist too then DS. First game 1977. Followed them here, followed them there, but have the temerity to object to an 8pm Boxing Day kick off and I’m out on my ear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, we aren’t jcls and not hardcore fans. What badge are we going to have as we aren’t tourists either [emoji23]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whatever it was it was certainly louder than when it's full, which I can't quite figure out but thems the facts.

It's because [MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] were not there, tutting at people and asking them to sit down and be quiet.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Biggest gaps seemed to be in 1901 - no surprise there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here