Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team against Chelsea?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If I was in charge, I'd bin it.

Rest everyone who can or should be rested and then go for the Everton game.

Hopefully Duffy and/or Roberts can play because otherwise not much can be done in rotating the defense.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Why bin it? In recent weeks they have drawn with Wolves, Everton and Zenith, after losing to West Ham. They needed a late pen too best Leeds too. Odd to throw a game?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why bin it? In recent weeks they have drawn with Wolves, Everton and Zenith, after losing to West Ham. They needed a late pen too best Leeds too. Odd to throw a game?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Its a bad idea to play key players three times in one week.

Either rest players vs Chelsea or expect a poor, energyless performance against Everton.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
can definitely see trossard being rested after being taken off at HT today, assuming he isn't out injured anyway. couple of key players like webster and maybe maupay starting, and hopefully mac too. can definitely see groß coming back however, and it'll be interesting to se how potter plays things with bissouma, with him having missed today through suspension, he could have a bit more in the tank than some of the others

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Chelsea aren't all that, obviously stronger than us but by no means a lost cause. I'd go:

Sanchez

Lamptey
Burn
Webster
Duffy
Cucurella

Bissouma
Mwepu
Moder
March

Maupay

But, to be fair, I see your point on rotation and am immediately doubting my selection. So my opinion ultimately means jackshit and this post was a waste of time.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Doubt Lamptey will play all 3 games in 7 days, also same with Lallana. So both drop out.

Sanchez

Alzate
Webster
Burn
Cucurella

Mwepu
Gross
Bissouma
March

Maupay
Welbeck

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Hopefully Duffy and/or Roberts can play because otherwise not much can be done in rotating the defense.

This is often stated in theory but often fails in practice, the team ends up losing both games. Besides, I would never "bin" an Albion game. Imo your opinion shows you have little emotional attachment to BHA.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is often stated in theory but often fails in practice, the team ends up losing both games. Besides, I would never "bin" an Albion game. Imo your opinion shows you have little emotional attachment to BHA.

Sometimes the team will end up losing both games yes but generally speaking it is difficult to perform three times a week. I dont think the boys would have been able to come back to 3-3 against Wolves last season if most key players werent rested against Arsenal. It would also be nice to try to avoid injuries. Imo I'd try/hope to go for a boring 0-0 and then go all in fresh against Everton.

From the team today I'd rest at least Lamptey, Lallana, Trossard, Moder and maybe Cucurella.

On your last sentence :bla:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Its a bad idea to play key players three times in one week.

Either rest players vs Chelsea or expect a poor, energyless performance against Everton.
It's also a bad idea to put out a weak side against the European champions.
Don't rest anyone until after the Everton game and give them time off for the FA Cup.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The OP’s logic is sound. Everton didn’t play yesterday so already have an advantage in terms of freshness.

Bissouma is back and rested so he goes in, I would give Moder the rest. I would start Gross in place of Lallana and March in place of Cucurella.

Not sure where Connolly is but if he’s fit I would start him and give Welbeck/Maupay 45 mins each.

Just hope Duffy is fit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We looked a bit leggy in the second half tonight, hopefully Duffy and Veltman back to add some depth to the squad (along with Bissouma) so quite a few options available. Wouldn’t expect too many changes though - and Chelsea are beatable the moment. Sounds like Trossard coming off was precautionary so hopefully he’ll be a starter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If we had ever beaten Chelsea I’d concur but as we haven’t, a win over them and a shite performance against Everton is a price I’ll pay

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

With the Covid situation here I don’t think you can plan more than one game ahead as we could easily play chelsea and the Everton game be off or Chelsea off and a rest ahead of Everton. Chelsea also expected to have no Silva or Kante which if true would be a good time to have a go at them.

Both opponents have been poor of late but we generally play poorly in both away fixtures. I expect us to freshen up a few spots for Wednesday (Trossard, moder, Lamptey) but other than that can see me he starting line up being pretty much the same as last night.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's also a bad idea to put out a weak side against the European champions.
Don't rest anyone until after the Everton game and give them time off for the FA Cup.

They will also rest players though. Everyone who played yesterday and are playing on 2/1 will rest players on Wednesday.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If we had ever beaten Chelsea I’d concur but as we haven’t, a win over them and a shite performance against Everton is a price I’ll pay

Well that is not how it works. There's no guarantee Brighton will win against Chelsea just because the strongest eleven is starting.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well that is not how it works. There's no guarantee Brighton will win against Chelsea just because the strongest eleven is starting.

Better chance with our strongest team though, pretty well no chance if we throw in the towel with team selection having an eye on the next game

Never to have beaten Chelsea is a statistic that needs putting to bed if at all possible

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Better chance with our strongest team though, pretty well no chance if we throw in the towel with team selection having an eye on the next game

Never to have beaten Chelsea is a statistic that needs putting to bed if at all possible

Yes, better chance but makes it very difficult to get anything out of the Everton game.

I think people are going to be shocked and disappointed seeing the eleven on Wednesday, just like against Arsenal last year.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, better chance but makes it very difficult to get anything out of the Everton game.

I think people are going to be shocked and disappointed seeing the eleven on Wednesday, just like against Arsenal last year.

Locadia and Connolly up front? THAT disappointing? :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here