Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton vs Brentford

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rob Sanchez 8 - couple of really good saves and a few very nice passes down the flanks.

Tariq Lamptey 7 - solid performance, too much defending for his liking but did it well.

Adam Webster 8 - good.

Dan Burn 8 - even better. Really solid performance and none of those howler passes he can sometimes be guilty of. My man of the match, in close competition with several others.

Marc Cucurella 8 - Brentford did a great job making sure Brighton couldnt counter through Lamptey. Too bad they forgot about Cucu who was brilliant today apart from some lacklustre end products.

Jakub Moder 7 - good.

Adam Lallana 7 - first half was fantastic, second quite bad but all in all he could sleep well tonight.

Enock Mwepu 8 - curious play style and sometimes I wonder wtf he is doing but high work rate and moments of brilliance. Adapting very well.

Alexis Macallister 8 - poor start but got involved more and more and had a great game, looked tired the last 20 before coming off but definitely took a step closer to more game time.

Leandro Trossard 8 - brilliant goal and decent overall. Was missed in the second half.

Neal Maupay 8 - great goal and worked his socks off like usual.

Subs

Danny Welbeck 7 - thought he would look a lot more rusty than he did (although in some situations it was apparent). Worked hard and made a couple of nice dribbles. Very happy he is back.

Gross & Alzate N/A but helped to stabilise the game in the final minutes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Rob Sanchez 8 - couple of really good saves and a few very nice passes down the flanks.

Tariq Lamptey 7 - solid performance, too much defending for his liking but did it well.

Adam Webster 8 - good.

Dan Burn 8 - even better. Really solid performance and none of those howler passes he can sometimes be guilty of. My man of the match, in close competition with several others.

Marc Cucurella 8 - Brentford did a great job making sure Brighton couldnt counter through Lamptey. Too bad they forgot about Cucu who was brilliant today apart from some lacklustre end products.

Jakub Moder 7 - good.

Adam Lallana 7 - first half was fantastic, second quite bad but all in all he could sleep well tonight.

Enock Mwepu 8 - curious play style and sometimes I wonder wtf he is doing but high work rate and moments of brilliance. Adapting very well.

Alexis Macallister 8 - poor start but got involved more and more and had a great game, looked tired the last 20 before coming off but definitely took a step closer to more game time.

Leandro Trossard 8 - brilliant goal and decent overall. Was missed in the second half.

Neal Maupay 8 - great goal and worked his socks off like usual.

Subs

Danny Welbeck 7 - thought he would look a lot more rusty than he did (although in some situations it was apparent). Worked hard and made a couple of nice dribbles. Very happy he is back.

Gross & Alzate N/A but helped to stabilise the game in the final minutes.

I'm not far off those either, but Cucurella was my MotM if not Mwepu. I'd give Burn a 7. Lallana did some brilliant stuff, but a few howlers in there too. It's worth mentioning that that was a real team performance, as evidenced by the marks. Two great goals. It's difficult to overestimate the importance of getting that first in, and it was a great pass and an even better finish which, in turn, was eclipsed by Maupay's, which was a great team goal and stunning finish.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
You can’t really score the players if your not in attendance - all you get is what the tv cameras show you - do that means 60% can’t score as hardly anyone was there

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can’t really score the players if your not in attendance - all you get is what the tv cameras show you - do that means 60% can’t score as hardly anyone was there

Sure, you miss out on some off-ball movement by watching it on TV but it still enough to get a fair picture of what is happening. In any given stadium there is also a shitload of seats where you dont get the same overview as from a TV camera.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average.

Sanchez - 8
Lamptey - 7
Webster - 7
Burn - 7
Cucurella - 7
Lallana - 6 - brilliance mixed with carelessness
Mwepu - 8 - great pass
MacAllister - 8 - everything we’ve been missing
Trossard - 7 - brilliant goal
Moder - 6 - wasteful and some poor decision making
Maupay - 8

Welbeck - 6
Gross - N/A
Alzate - N/A

Brentford fans made a bit of noise, but soon quietened when we took the lead. Easy to get out…… 😃

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Yes have to agree.
You lose the movement, and certain players who switch off completely (see Lallana at times).

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Sanchez 7.5
Lamptey 7
Webster 7
Burn 7
Cucurella 8.5 motm
Moder 7
Lallana 7
Mac Allister 7
Mwepu 8
Trossard 8
Maupay 8

Welbeck 7
Alzate n/a
Gross n/a

Dec 29, 2011
You think having a far-away, obscured view of the pitch, sometimes at ground level, gives you a better view than cameras focusing directly on the action? I was there tonight and always concede to the views of those watching on TV.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You think having a far-away, obscured view of the pitch, sometimes at ground level, gives you a better view than cameras focusing directly on the action? I was there tonight and always concede to the views of those watching on TV.

There’s pros and cons. In the stadium you might give a view of a player’s work or errors off the ball (if you’re inclined to look out for it and not ball watch). But as you say, you get a perfect view of the overall game from the centrally located camera, plus replays.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
6 - average.

Sanchez - 8
Lamptey - 7
Webster - 7
Burn - 7
Cucurella - 7
Lallana - 6 - brilliance mixed with carelessness
Mwepu - 8 - great pass
MacAllister - 8 - everything we’ve been missing
Trossard - 7 - brilliant goal
Moder - 6 - wasteful and some poor decision making
Maupay - 8

Welbeck - 6
Gross - N/A
Alzate - N/A

Brentford fans made a bit of noise, but soon quietened when we took the lead. Easy to get out…… 😃

Thought same about Moder, he was pretty pony tonight. Seems to be great in flashes, but not consistently good yet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
DarrenFreemansPerm;10111 634 said:
Mwepu is a curious player, he’s either Yaya Toure or Rohan Ince, very little middle ground.

This Rohan Ince?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sanchez - 8 Some critical saves, nice distributions and a few nice catches.

Lamptey - 7 Solid. He didn’t venture forward too many times opting for sensible caution.

Webster - 8 Caught my eye. Very neat. I suspect his vocal leadership at the back had been missed and was very welcome.

Burn - 7 Didn’t do anything wrong really. Never an attacking threat but very solid.

Cucurella - 8 His positioning is astonishing. Lamptey could learn a thing or two about full back positioning from Cucu.

Lallana - 8 A mistake or two but generally controlled the game as quarterback in front of the back 4. Must have been the most vocal player on the pitch whilst he pulled this strings and controlled many aspects of the game.

Mwepu - 7 An amazing assist. This lad had got the potential for sure but marked down for too much sloppy play or slowing moves down. He’s learning though and this has been a good first EPL season so far.

MacAllister - 7 Great set-pieces but didn’t set the world on fire.

Trossard - 8 A real threat with his movement, shooting and dribbling. I’m not sure why he was subbed? Hopefully he is being saved.

Moder - 6 Not his day. No real threat to Brentford and plenty of mistakes.

Maupay MotM - 8 Great movement all match but not the best service. Hit his goal like Aguero and that’s what matters!

Welbeck - 7 Looked sharp and fit. We’ve obviously taken our time with his reintroduction.
Gross - N/A
Alzate - N/A

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here