Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Doing the double at the first opportunity?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
One for the stattos out there.

When was the last time we did the double at the first possible opportunity? That is - at the very beginning of the second round of fixtures?

(I know we haven't completed the first round yet - but basically, Brentford are the first team we have played twice).

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Not sure but it is the second time in two years we have done a double over a promoted team. Giraffe should factor a double into his staying up tracker

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fulham in 16/17, I think. We’d played them fairly late in the first half of the season, but they were our definitely our first fixture of the second half of that season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Given that, for a while, we were the only team ever to beat Brentford in the Premier League, are we now the only team EVER to do the double over Brentford in the Premier League

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Given that, for a while, we were the only team ever to beat Brentford in the Premier League, are we now the only team EVER to do the double over Brentford in the Premier League
Well given the fact we are the only team to play them twice this season...Yes

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Less of a woosh, more of a pedantic reply to the post. But let's enjoy Brighton being the first at something for once. I suspect a few more doubles coming up for Brentford soon

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Less of a woosh, more of a pedantic reply to the post. But let's enjoy Brighton being the first at something for once. I suspect a few more doubles coming up for Brentford soon

I think that will prove to be one of the shortest lived records ever though. But yes nice whilst it lasts.

I wasn’t intending to whoosh anyone, and yes, I was just enjoying the fact that we have done something that no one else has ever done ever in the history of the universe, ever……. Ever!

And being a bit silly……

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wasn’t intending to whoosh anyone, and yes, I was just enjoying the fact that we have done something that no one else has ever done ever in the history of the universe, ever……. Ever!

And being a bit silly……

And we're the only team to do it at 8pm on a Sunday night.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Better than that, I am convinced we will be the only team EVER to do the double against Brentford on Boxing Day at 8pm in the South Downs
EDIT: in front of 30000 fans

Last edited:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

And I was parked on the road, rather than the drive. Chances of the double over Brentford, in the Premier League, at 8pm on a Sunday night, whilst parked on the road, Think this record could stand for a while...........

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Better than that, I am convinced we will be the only team EVER to do the double against Brentford on Boxing Day at 8pm in the South Downs
EDIT: in front of 30000 fans

We've played them a few times on Boxing Day. In 1928 we played them the day before too !

The fastest double I can find is over Bournemouth. Completed on September 4th 1958. There are probably others.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We've played them a few times on Boxing Day. In 1928 we played them the day before too !

Good spot, I understand that the attendances are still to be confirmed.

Brentf.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here