Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Star lizard v Hollywood bets

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Interesting that as a newbie you start so many threads (some of them pretty random). Not normal behavior for someone starting out on their NSC journey.

What's your story SW gull? Are you a new account from a previous flouncer?
Life long fan Goldstone ground Gillingham withdean amex don't be fooled by my handle name

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
2 very different companies: StarLizard places bets and Hollywood Bets takes others bets.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
2 very different companies: StarLizard places bets and Hollywood Bets takes others bets.

Not much of a gambler and Don't really understand it. You say Star Lizard places bets. Whose money are they placing bets with ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not much of a gambler and Don't really understand it. You say Star Lizard places bets. Whose money are they placing bets with ?

It's places bets for it's clients, one of whom is Tony Bloom, it works like a syndicate and to buy in takes a hell of a lot of money. The article below, from a few years ago, explains it way better than I can. Also mentions the rivalry/falling out with Matthew Benham.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/inside-story-star-lizard-tony-bloom-2016-2

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Their own. It’s like a syndicate that pools their money to place bets. The company works out odds and probability etc and find markets that might have got the odds wrong and place bets accordingly.

*Edit*

Just to add there are a lot of sports and markets worldwide and they don’t just send someone down to Ladbrokes to place £100k on Man City.

Also remember winnings on gambling aren’t subject to usual taxation so can be much more lucrative than money made on the financial markets.

Last edited:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Mainly Tonys but as you need a minimum of £2m to use them then multi millionaires

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Their own. It’s like a syndicate that pools their money to place bets. The company works out odds and probability etc and find markets that might have got the odds wrong and place bets accordingly.

*Edit*

Just to add there are a lot of sports and markets worldwide and they don’t just send someone down to Ladbrokes to place £100k on Man City.

Also remember winnings on gambling aren’t subject to usual taxation so can be much more lucrative than money made on the financial markets.

I reckon the old boy behind the counter would have to call HQ if that happened

By the way, I typed “bookies” into the Tapatalk GIF tool and these came up, it’s Xmas after all

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Maybe silly question but if Star Lizard are so successful why do companies accept there bets

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Maybe silly question but if Star Lizard are so successful why do companies accept there bets

The winnings are 1-3% so its about volume, from what I understand they have people who place bets for them, so the bookies don't always know the bets are from Star Lizard.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

They won’t use traditional bookmakers, which offer poor odds anyway and as you say, will close down a winning account quickly.

They use exchange (peer to peer) markets (Betfair being the most obvious example), but particularly Asian ones as I understand it as the liquidity is significantly higher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here