Date: Sunday 26th December 2021
Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Referee: Darren England
Assistants: Edward Smart, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
VAR: John Brooks
Additional VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

TEAM NEWS

Brighton captain Lewis Dunk will miss the match and could be out until late January with a knee injury.

Yves Bissouma is suspended but Shane Duffy is available after a ban, while Danny Welbeck, Pascal Gross and Neal Maupay all return and Adam Webster might be fit too.

Brentford have reported no fresh injury concerns.

Ivan Toney could start, having made his return from Covid-19 as a substitute against Chelsea on Wednesday.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton won the reverse fixture 1-0 courtesy of a 90th-minute goal by Leandro Trossard. It was the first top-flight meeting between the teams.
    [*=left]Brentford have won on two of their three most recent league visits.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are on a club top-flight record run of 11 games without a win, drawing eight, losing three and only scoring seven goals.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost just one of their past 12 Premier League matches against promoted sides, conceding four goals.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay needs two goals to move alongside Glenn Murray as Brighton's 26-goal leading Premier League scorer.
    [*=left]Graham Potter has won all four competitive matches as a manager against opposite number Thomas Frank.
Brentford

• [*=left]Brentford have lost just one of their past five league fixtures, winning two and drawing two.
    [*=left]They could earn consecutive Premier League victories for the first time.
    [*=left]Brentford have only lost one of their last 12 Boxing Day league games, winning seven and drawing four.
    [*=left]The Bees are unbeaten in the top flight on Boxing Day, winning two of their three fixtures and drawing the other.
    [*=left]They have only earned two points from four Premier League away matches, conceding 10 goals.

Graham Potter's Brentford Press Conference

[tweet]1475179637097615376[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1475179637097615376

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Brighton captain Lewis Dunk will miss the trip to Brentford and could be out until late January with a knee injury.

We're going to find it even harder to score goals if we're making the trip to Brentford while the game is going on at the Amex.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Really looking forward to this one. 4am my time K.O. kinda sucks but good excuse for a huge breakfast if not any drinks.

Predicting 1 goal in the game so hope is for us. Let's go for a centre back finally scoring a header from a corner and a boring game infront of 12-14k fans.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We're going to find it even harder to score goals if we're making the trip to Brentford while the game is going on at the Amex.

I've fixed that for you. Thank you for proofreading. I wonder if the BBC's proofreaders are on their Christmas holidays.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Super excited for this one even if 4am local time. Will go 1-0 with hopefully the goal being for us from a centre back heading in a corner infront of 12k fans (announced as 28k+)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Could this be called the fixture nobody wanted? We all know that the k.off time is terrible, I don’t suppose the players are happy with it either, but the demands of tv must be met ....
Despite all that this really is an important game. Albion must get back to winning if they are going to maintain their early season promise. Three points are there , let’s take them !
With Welbeck available we have a good chance . :albion2:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Will anyone be watching this on the TV anyway? It's hardly a glamour fixture.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will anyone be watching this on the TV anyway? It's hardly a glamour fixture.

I'd imagine the millions of non-season tickets holders who would be going in place of their considerably more committed ST holding mate, who aren't.
Will be glued to the TV to see what they're missing.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Has anyone else just realised it's an 8pm kick off?! Even worse, there are no trains running at all!!! Why has nobody brought this up?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Really convenient KO time should ensure maximum attendance

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gonna mix it up a little.

Bought myself a new hat, since the last home game.
Found my scarf from the 80's.
Won't wear my 'lucky' Groß t-shirt.

Nailed on...

...0-0, but at least I tried.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone else just realised it's an 8pm kick off?! Even worse, there are no trains running at all!!! Why has nobody brought this up?!

That's shocking news. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My expectations of a win are lower than they have been since GP arrived here :down:

I have found myself thinking about 15 mins from the end of most games recently “I’ll take a draw now”

Come on Albion, make tonight the game we turn it around

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Easy win, 3-0.

Someone is on the sauce early
:lol: :kiss:

I'd be happy with a 1-0 win. But I'm not far behind Icy in thinking we're a long way from comprehensively beating teams. The potential is there but we have to change something for me to be so optimistic.

But would be very very happy to be proved wrong with a Brentford collapse.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I am mildly concerned about the outcome of this fixture, but maybe that’s how the Albion mojo works, it goes up and down when you least expect it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here