Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The best James Bond that never was

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Happy Xmas to everyone.

I was thinking to myself who would have made a great Bond but was never cast in the role .

Taking into account his fictional background , he was sent to Eton after his parents were killed in a skiing accident by his aunt but got slung out after 2 terms for having a liaison with a maid there and then finished off his schooling at another public school in Scotland . He speaks fluent French & two other languages and lives in a flat off the kings rd in Chelsea.

For me the two best bonds so far are the first two in Connery and Moore .

My choice who I think may well have turned out to be the best Bond ever is a cross between these two actors . He has the toughness and sophistication of Connery as well as the charm , comedy awareness & style of Moore .

He sadly is no longer with us . The perfect Bond in my humble opinion would have been

Cary Grant .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not sure about Harry but Fleming was a secret spy in ww2 so probably did have some of the bond traits . Good call .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I didn’t know that . I guess reed would have had no
problem knocking back the cocktails .

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
For me the two best bonds so far are the first two in Connery and Moore .

My choice who I think may well have turned out to be the best Bond ever is a cross between these two actors . He has the toughness and sophistication of Connery as well as the charm , comedy awareness & style of Moore .

The perfect Bond in my humble opinion would have been

Cary Grant .

Agree with all of that. I believe Cary Grant was considered as a possible Bond but was regarded as too old. Just checked: born in 1904, so with the Bond films starting early '60s?, he would have been too old. Hitchcock's Notorious and North by Northwest give a good idea of what a great Bond he would have been if born later.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Great analogy- those two high class thriller films showed Cary ‘s ability to play a different type of character, someone with an edge to them .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here