Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma in Mali squad for African Cup of Nations

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Bissouma in Mali squad for Africa Cup of Nations

Had a quick search but couldn’t see a thread.

Bissouma has been recalled to the Mali squad for the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations due to start in January.

[tweet]1474461754990243844[/tweet]

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Oh crap.

I guess they'll have to get his legal whatsit sorted first.

Where is his new contract at?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Am I right in thinking that his bail can be extended once more before the cops have to charge him or let him off? If they do, he certainly won't be leaving the country.

They are at the point the police where they would need to apply to Westminster magistrates for the next extension. That extension isn’t automatically granted they will need to justify why the bail conditions they have need to remain. Even if it’s refused police can release under investigation it’s doesn’t have to be a charge or nothing.
Depending on what his conditions are would depend if he is allowed to leave the country. Any residing condition, curfew or surrendering of the passport would obviously make it difficult but it’s possible for him to apply to a court to have them lifted if he really wanted to go and play.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Depending on what his conditions are would depend if he is allowed to leave the country. Any residing condition, curfew or surrendering of the passport would obviously make it difficult but it’s possible for him to apply to a court to have them lifted if he really wanted to go and play.

Far from saying Biss would do this, but as a rather rich man I'd have thought leaving the country wasn't that difficult if he really wanted to 'do a runner'.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If he goes he'll inevitably score a hatrick

.... in the final

...and get injured celebrating

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If our next couple of games are postponed because of Covid and therefore Biss doesn't serve his one match suspension, can a Brighton game he misses while on international duty count as the suspension?

Or is it a case that you can't be unavailable for a game when you've officially made yourself unavailable? (if you get what I mean).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If our next couple of games are postponed because of Covid and therefore Biss doesn't serve his one match suspension, can a Brighton game he misses while on international duty count as the suspension?

Or is it a case that you can't be unavailable for a game when you've officially made yourself unavailable? (if you get what I mean).

Serves the ban even if away

Similar to a player that gets a domestic ban but plays in champions league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here