Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would win? Albion XI vs Albion XI

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So, a podcast I’m part of has done an AMEX era draft to create two Brighton XIs to play each other in a hypothetical match. The premise, to pick two XIs of players who have featured for us in the last decade. The players would be in their absolute prime and in top form.

So, with all that being said, which team would win?

Stockdale
Webster -Dunk - Tomori
Lamptey - Sidwell - Bissouma - Cucurella
Trossard - Maupay - Welbeck​

Managed by Potter

Or

Sanchez
Bruno - White - Upson - Bridge
Bridcutt
Kayal - Vicente
Knockhaert- Murray - March​

Managed by Poyet

Remember, all players are in their absolute prime.

You can find the podcasts on our YouTube channel link below

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC_dooz2FnnxypRZZMFLCAhw

We’ve also done a little Twitter poll and we’d welcome your thoughts!

https://twitter.com/albionobsessed/status/1474357075501273091?s=21

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't know how many Poyets team might score, but Potters team will definitely score zero.

Will the ball ever go over the halfway line, now that kick offs don't have to go forward...?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Vicente in his prime is a class above any other player in those lineups so Poyet’s team for me.

No way are you stopping him scoring or setting up goals

https://youtu.be/L-TVTeMVj6M

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not seen a lot of a few of those players (like Kayal, Bridcutt and peak Murray). Gut feeling is that the first team is a little bit stronger. One or two might point out Sidwell as a weak link but he was a very good PL player for a while.

Peak Vicente is better than everyone else in those two elevens though and could win games pretty much on his own.

Tough one especially for someone - like I mentioned - who havent seen much of a handful of these players.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At their prime and in top form?

Potter's team is mainly of players who are/were in their prime with us. And are struggling to score.

Poyet's team has quite a few players who were with us after/before their prime - Vicente / White / Bridge. Murray in his prime did well in the PL - I can't see much beyond Bruno to Vicente to Murray = Goal, even with Dunk in defence.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Is it peak Valencia form Vicente or peak Brighton form Vicente? If it's the former then presumably it'd be peak premier league form Upson, Bridge, Sidwell and Welbeck too?

If it's peak Bighton form I'm going with the first team although I'm not sure Sidwell is the best midfield option you could have chosen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately we didn't have him in his prime. Potter's team would comfortably overpower Poyet's

Suggest you revisit the original post question and reconsider, Gus is going to whup Graham’s arse ��

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Vicente in his prime is a class above any other player in those lineups so Poyet’s team for me.

No way are you stopping him scoring or setting up goals

https://youtu.be/L-TVTeMVj6M

Need clarity on the rules here. Does team 2 have Vicente in his prime or Vicente in his Amex stage of career? If the latter, then I think team 1's midfield would have him for breakfast.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Need clarity on the rules here. Does team 2 have Vicente in his prime or Vicente in his Amex stage of career? If the latter, then I think team 1's midfield would have him for breakfast.

We’re talking absolute prime Vicente so pre-Brighton. Same with Bridge, Upson etc.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
IWhy no Lallana or Stephens probably both better than Bridcutt and Kayal

We (team 2) thought that a midfield of Vicente and Lallana might be too lightweight so chose Kayal as box to box option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here