Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Jon Snow Channel 4 News.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Retires after 32 years from host the 7pm CH4 news didn't always like his style but surely has to be one of the more respected journalists/presenters its subjective but probably one of the last decent quality newsman along with Neil and Paxman and any others that you can think of. Always ready to give it go and ask awkward questions.

Jan 30, 2008
Retires after 32 years from host the 7pm CH4 news didn't always like his style but surely has to be one of the more respected journalists/presenters its subjective but probably one of the last decent quality newsman along with Neil and Paxman and any others that you can think of. Always ready to give it go and ask awkward questions.

More suited to GB news then

Regards
DF

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
jon-snow-game-of-thrones.jpg

Looking good for 74 :D

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Not a Neal or a Paxman (both massive Tories), he was the man. I was in Trafalgar Square on a demo once and he was under a Channel 4 gazebo preparing a live news link. Hundreds crowded round and chanted his name, to which he bowed and waved. Also worn his Albion tie whenever we've been promoted! He went to Lancing College, but I think he claims to have never been to a game. Easily best news anchor in my lifetime.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not a Neal or a Paxman (both massive Tories), he was the man. I was in Trafalgar Square on a demo once and he was under a Channel 4 gazebo preparing a live news link. Hundreds crowded round and chanted his name, to which he bowed and waved. Also worn his Albion tie whenever we've been promoted! He went to Lancing College, but I think he claims to have never been to a game. Easily best news anchor in my lifetime.

He's been great. I'll go out on a limb, and say that C4 News is by far the best news programme -- TV or radio. It does international news much better than the BBC's offerings. Jon has been brilliant for decades, but it's time for him to bow out because he's left a great team behind him to step into his shoes. Thanks for doing what a journalist and presenter should over the years Jon :thumbsup:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Depends on your political persuasion i would say.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

He was born in Ardingly and brought up at the College.His father was headmaster. Not sure he was actually educated in Sussex.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Propper gent is Mr Snow. Pretty regular in my pub. Was supposed to have his leaving do here, but alas C4 News had to cancel due to Covid. Hopefully be seeing them in the new year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here