Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for Premier League players to strike??

PL players to strike?

• Yes

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • Ruel Fox

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just heard the Guardiola quote. Just a throway comment. Crodo must have wanked himself to a bloody stump over all the fish caught on this thread :facepalm:

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I rarely get the chance to defend myself on this website, and I doubt I will for much longer too either... the mods ban me from posting from individual threads and I'm banned from posting in the covid forum.

However, I'll take this chance to defend this particular accusation.

I have always predicted that this winter will be tough and I've always predicted that there will be further restrictions in place this winter. You can review my post history to confirm this if you can be arsed.

Made tougher by dickheads who aren’t vaccinated because they are apparently immune …… but you aren’t are you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It's hard to disagree with that, I certainly don't.

It's the old and unvaccinated occupying NHS covid related time right now, almost completely the boomer generation.

Should we have sympathy with these old unvaccinated boomers who are currently dying in hospital because they chose not to be vaccinated?

It would be nice to hear their individual reasons why they haven't been vaccinated. They should have done. I would have.

Perhaps the solution would be for the vaccine to be mandated for the over 60's, 4x a year, for the rest of time, from now.

It’s not just the over 60’s, something like a 3rd are under 60 and unvaccinated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Completely agree that any older or vulnerable person who chooses not to have the vaccine is deeply irresponsible and is partly to blame for higher than normal hospitalisations.

I am currently self isolating through covid, the omicron variant, so I think I probably am more immune now than I will ever be, at least until the next variant comes along.

Please, please, please stop.

You and Crodo are two mouldy peas from the same pod.

I just wish [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would hurry up and delete your account and all your posts as per your flounce/request.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Completely agree that any older or vulnerable person who chooses not to have the vaccine is deeply irresponsible and is partly to blame for higher than normal hospitalisations.

I am currently self isolating through covid, the omicron variant, so I think I probably am more immune now than I will ever be, at least until the next variant comes along.

I'm not sure who is the most tiresome and boring poster on here, you or the Crodo bloke. He's on Ignore (because the continual windups are just irritating in a waste of energy way) but you weren't because apparently you'd left. But your ego brings you back it seems.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't understand the hostility towards some of posters on here. Everyone is entitled to their point of view, and the person who is taking a lot of flack, some of his/her points I agree with:shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Absolute bollocks, we produced some of the best shithouse players. :rolleyes:

Hi stakes = high risk

TOtally agree about officials, not fit for purpose in the PL, which is an embarassment, at least it should be for the PL and refs.

Think you misunderstood my post. I was suggesting that it wasn't the money that has seen increase in play acting and cheating by homegrown players but the influence of the influx of foreign players. I think long before the EPL, European players were well versed in the dark arts.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The risk of serious issues for Premier League players from Covid is close to if not completely 0%, especially from Omicron, as confirmed by our scientists today.

Your relentless campaign of Covid scaremongering on this website to the point of sharing DM clickbait articles like this one is a joke, yet despite this I'll be the one banned from this thread again for pointing it out, as your post goes along with the narrative that is being enforced on this website by those in charge and disagreeing with it is not an option here.

We all want to be free... but first we need to accept that covid hospitalisations are as low as they will ever be, and the threat of covid has always been extremely low for healthy people anyway. Especially young and healthy people. Even more so for the vaccinated... and even more so again with the omicron variant.

Stop your scaremongering and let us get on with our lives. The Premier League footballers will be fine and they know it, despite this DM shit stirring, click bait article.

Great to see you back on NSC, [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION].

This place is all the better for your posts and strong opinions. Merry Christmas to you fella!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Think you misunderstood my post. I was suggesting that it wasn't the money that has seen increase in play acting and cheating by homegrown players but the influence of the influx of foreign players. I think long before the EPL, European players were well versed in the dark arts.

I have Italian friends . . . I digress, I think you misunderstood my post . . .THe top level game has become driven by money, results league position and trophies generate it . . . Players get given it, shit loads of it. whilst I/you/we don't think about money when they take the field, and we watch, ultimately they're where they are because of it and fight the fight because of it. No loyalty, just money and business

An example. Neymar . . . Very skilful talented footballer apparently, to the point he gets to the best teams, then gets the best pay cheques . . . . . But he has to win or he's a loser . . So he cheats. Being good at 'dark arts', or being a winning cheat has become acceptable, and is being rewarded. Even protected. I will reference the perfect example in Harold Kane. England captain no less.

As an Englishman that's embarrassing.

As a reference think Bobby Moore.

Anyway, Happy Christmas, we're all in the same special needs bracket . :ascarf:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bloke who claimed to be immune catches covid, feels shit for a few days and NOW claims to be immune (until he’s not immune). Cool story Bro. :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are you pretending to be a moron or is it a genuine problem you have? Given your post history I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Sorry about that.

Obviously given what we know now I could not be completely immune against the omicron variant.

There will forever be new variants that will infect us for the rest of time. They will always make us ill and our immunes system will always need to learn how to break them down again and again. This is a never ending and natural process.

I'm immune to the omicron variant now though.

Go **** yourself,

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's hard to disagree with that, I certainly don't.

It's the old and unvaccinated occupying NHS covid related time right now, almost completely the boomer generation.

Should we have sympathy with these old unvaccinated boomers who are currently dying in hospital because they chose not to be vaccinated?

It would be nice to hear their individual reasons why they haven't been vaccinated. They should have done. I would have.

Perhaps the solution would be for the vaccine to be mandated for the over 60's, 4x a year, for the rest of time, from now.

The majority of Omicron cases and folk going to hospital are under the age of 40

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Are you pretending to be a moron or is it a genuine problem you have? Given your post history I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Sorry about that.

Obviously given what we know now I could not be completely immune against the omicron variant.

There will forever be new variants that will infect us for the rest of time. They will always make us ill and our immunes system will always need to learn how to break them down again and again. This is a never ending and natural process.

With respect, in another thread,I'm sure I saw that the NHS is not feeding back which variant a px catches due to " confidentiality "... Ergo you can't claim immunity to Omicron as you may have had a different variant.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
With respect, in another thread,I'm sure I saw that the NHS is not feeding back which variant a px catches due to " confidentiality "... Ergo you can't claim immunity to Omicron as you may have had a different variant.

Aggregated data is not covered under "patient confidentiality" and therefore total numbers/proportional split is shared centrally.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Why do you persist is writing this utter codswallop? You are contradicting yourself never mind the collective scientific knowledge of the world's top epidemiologists & virologists.

Just stop spouting utter bullshit on subjects you clearly know nothing about and stick to the football threads.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Aggregated data is not covered under "patient confidentiality" and therefore total numbers/proportional split is shared centrally.
So, can he genuinely claim to have been informed he had the Omicron Variant?

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009

In the NSC badass mutha****wit poster of the year it is normally a close run thing with many runners and riders, but you are going to win it for 2021 by a LANDSLIDE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here