Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Energy bills to soar 50%

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Energy bills will soar another 50% next year unless the government intervenes, the industry has warned.

Supplier EDF said the situation was "critical" as customers, already seeing record bills, are hit with more rises due to surging wholesale gas prices.

The increase in the price cap in April could be as much as £700, and by next October, the cap could easily exceed £2,000 - that is, twice as much as the levels seen last winter.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from the energy industry."

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Renewable energy suppliers not bound by the price cap have already hiked by prices 50%

The current situation is unsustainable, we could have fewer companies left in the spring than at privatisation

Could be the last winter of cheap energy, government would do well to offer some assistance on insulation.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In other utility news did everyone else get a Christmas card from Southern Water?

Personally I'd prefer them to have invested the money elsewhere i.e. not pumping shit into the sea.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh great

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If we did, my wife must have immediately recycled the card without me seeing it.

Given bin collection in the city it'll likely be sat in your recycle bin a good month or so before it gets collect, if you did fancy seeing what the good people of Southern Water had to say in their Christmas card

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Energy company phoned today trying to sign us up to a new fixed price deal for the next 2 years, at a mere 3 x the current fixed deal price.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Had solar panels installed last week with generous grant of 40% from junta de Andalucia - it's been cloudy since and now 3 days of (very welcome) rain.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Luckily it's been so mild up to now we've still not required the heating to be on. The one upside of global warming?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thatcher's legacy

continuing to live in so many heads, what a legacy. :lolol:

the problem is not supply for us on the edge of North Sea, its global prices. they are high due to a combination of fears over Russian supplies into Europe, with a ongoing backdrop of US cutting exports (because they ceased fracking), and China ramping up demand as they switch from coal to gas.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
continuing to live in so many heads, what a legacy. :lolol:

the problem is not supply for us on the edge of North Sea, its global prices. they are high due to a combination of fears over Russian supplies into Europe, with a ongoing backdrop of US cutting exports (because they ceased fracking), and China ramping up demand as they switch from coal to gas.

Is the correct answer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here