Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Me too (or two). Got two greens and a gold first up. Which does help!

For the first time, I asked 'er indoors to guess. As above, she got an amber and two greens with the first guess, and 5 greens on the second guess.

Should I be really pleased for her, or gnashing my teeth because that is better than I have done so far (my best has been three guesses)?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Managed today’s (Tuesday) in 3.

It really is largely down to pure luck, of how useful your first guess is, though.

Two for me today. But there are probably whole forums somewhere to working out what the best first word(s) are to give you the best chance. So - today I chose a word that had two greens and two yellows. Lucky - yes, but also after a bit of thought over the last week of doing this as to what is most likely to be useful first or second words. That is - you can make your own luck to a degree.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yes, first word guess is critical.
Managed today's in three.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Two for me today. But there are probably whole forums somewhere to working out what the best first word(s) are to give you the best chance. So - today I chose a word that had two greens and two yellows. Lucky - yes, but also after a bit of thought over the last week of doing this as to what is most likely to be useful first or second words. That is - you can make your own luck to a degree.

Definitely. Picking a word with common letters first (a, e, r, t, s, n, l - then i, o if the a e dont appear) gives you a better chance than going for Z, Q, J, V.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
For the first time, I asked 'er indoors to guess. As above, she got an amber and two greens with the first guess, and 5 greens on the second guess.

Should I be really pleased for her, or gnashing my teeth because that is better than I have done so far (my best has been three guesses)?

Tell her you're pleased, then be passive aggressive for the rest of the holiday.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Two for me today as well. I chose a tactic in choosing a word with four vowels which luckily worked out nicely.
I have had a 2,4,5 and 2 in the four days I have played so far.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Day 1 - 6 - didn’t really understand the assignment fully
Day 2 - 6 - poor effort
Day 3 (today) - 4 - here we go

Long term I’m aiming for an average of 3 or below.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Did anyone else get thrown off by the word yesterday having the same letter twice.

I had

_E_R_ and spent ages trying to figure out what could realistically go between E & R

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
First attempt.

The social share option is v clever.

Code:
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 192 5/6

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel
Did anyone else get thrown off by the word yesterday having the same letter twice.

I had

_E_R_ and spent ages trying to figure out what could realistically go between E & R

I had FER_Y and was flummoxed, as it didn't like FERNY.

Who doesn't like FERNY?

FERNY is my favourite word.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

I had

Totally threw me as first word I’ve seen them use the same letter twice in (but I’ve not been playing for ages).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Totally threw me as first word I’ve seen them use the same letter twice in (but I’ve not been playing for ages).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here... GERMY no good...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here