Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else playing Wordle?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Got It in 2 today for the first time, after 2 yellows on the first guess. Chuffed

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Today’s is doing my head in, I am up to guess 4 and I have three letters in the right place but cannot think of a single word to fit the other two letters with what’s left. Been doing it for nearly an hour. Infuriating!

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Today’s is doing my head in, I am up to guess 4 and I have three letters in the right place but cannot think of a single word to fit the other two letters with what’s left. Been doing it for nearly an hour. Infuriating!

I had the same issue today until I realised you could use letters more then once.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had the same issue today until I realised you could use letters more then once.

Thank you!

Why didn’t the letter appear twice when first entered? Without your help I would not have solved this if I’d tried all week!!

Five today and christ that was hard work :lolol:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Thank you!

Why didn’t the letter appear twice when first entered? Without your help I would not have solved this if I’d tried all week!!

Five today and christ that was hard work [emoji38]ol:
Yes, five for me too, but only got it when I read you could use the same letter twice

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I had four greens - and tried every other letter for the missing one, even though I knew it didn't make a real word. So gave up and looked on here!

All the others so far have been based on only using each letter once. How are you meant to know that one or more letters are duplicated - makes it a lot harder surely? When it first goes green, it is in the right place - but also in the wrong place!

I wonder if this is a one-off error, as they could have replaced one of the duplicated letters with another letter to still make a viable word (which was my fourth attempt).

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Same here, double R foxed me, I wasnt aware double letters featured.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why wouldn't words with repeated letters feature?

I guess there's no reason, but it hadn't happened before today since I started playing.

I couldn't see how today's could be anything other than a double letter, so just went for it, and snagged my second 3 (now 2*3 and 3*4).

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Why wouldn't words with repeated letters feature?

I think it takes away the logical deduction aspect of it, and makes it more of a guessing game. When it's only one use of a letter - you can devise a sort of strategy to work it out, but with repeated letters it introduces more chances to get it wrong. And makes it less interesting I think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Managed today’s (Tuesday) in 3.

It really is largely down to pure luck, of how useful your first guess is, though.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
3 for me today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here