Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter on Dunk

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
From the Brentford Press Conference. 'He literally runs through brick walls.'

No wonder he's injured.

He also said Welbeck's available for Brentford :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was surprised to hear how soon he thought he might be back. maybe even for the Palace game. Feared we had lost him for the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news re all the injury hit players. I wonder if Welbeck’s operation has finally put an end to his hamstring problems. Is that possible? Always seems to me that once you start getting them they keep coming back.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Good news re all the injury hit players. I wonder if Welbeck’s operation has finally put an end to his hamstring problems. Is that possible? Always seems to me that once you start getting them they keep coming back.

I am sure that they said that the surgeon had identified what the long term issue was and had fixed it. So you never know.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am sure that they said that the surgeon had identified what the long term issue was and had fixed it. So you never know.

It was that that prompted my post. How good would it be for him to stay relatively fit for the rest of the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It was that that prompted my post. How good would it be for him to stay relatively fit for the rest of the season.

If the medical boys do tell Tony that he will stay fit for the rest of the season, that may well decide him against writing a nice fat cheque for that new striker.

In which case, maybe not such a good thing at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That would be fantastic if so.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the medical boys do tell Tony that he will stay fit for the rest of the season, that may well decide him against writing a nice fat cheque for that new striker.

True, he’s such a cheapskate. Oligarch or Middle Eastern country in, Bloom OUT

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Welbs is out of contract at the end of the season, isn't he?

In any case if the club are scoping out one or more new strikers I can't imagine that an available Welbeck is likely to affect the efforts unless Welbeck starts scoring more than the 1 goal in every 3-4 appearances (his career average). His record number of league goals in a season was in 2013. It was a tumescent 9. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here