Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Forest fan’s perspective

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I stumbled across this write up of our history, written by a Forest fan written in 2018:

http://forest40yearsago.blogspot.com/2018/12/see-ya-seagulls.html

It’s a bit unkind here and there, eg regarding trophies not won which is a constant dig, but nonetheless gives a reasonable overview of some key events and some interesting snippets here and there. If he does this for every club Forest play it’s going to use up a lot of his spare time!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I stumbled across this write up of our history, written by a Forest fan written in 2018:

It’s a bit unkind here and there, eg regarding trophies not won which is a constant dig, but nonetheless gives a reasonable overview of some key events and some interesting snippets here and there. If he does this for every club Forest play it’s going to use up a lot of his spare time!

Decent read that. Good to see a decent clip of John Templeman's assist for Willie Irvine's fabulous goal.............

You know how there are moments in your life - all sorts of odd things. You don't realise it at the time, but 30-40-50 years later that particular moment will come back to you, clear as if it was yesterday ........ the sight, the sound, the feeling, the smell even ......... just everything? Well, watching that Willie Irvine goal - and the build up - was one of my such moments. What a day that was!

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I thought that was magnificent. Little snippets of informative text with lots of picture and league tables. My sort of reading. Didn't spot any obvious errors, and didn't realise we stayed in the league due to goals scored, rather than goal difference, which was two worse than Hereford.

Last edited:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Decent read that. Good to see a decent clip of John Templeman's assist for Willie Irvine's fabulous goal.............

You know how there are moments in your life - all sorts of odd things. You don't realise it at the time, but 30-40-50 years later that particular moment will come back to you, clear as if it was yesterday ........ the sight, the sound, the feeling, the smell even ......... just everything? Well, watching that Willie Irvine goal - and the build up - was one of my such moments. What a day that was!

That was a wonderful, memorable match. Think it was on MOTD - a Div 3 match!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Great read, cheers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2f9faab335257530aa7afe9fa981a1fa.jpg

Not convinced Forest have thought through this tshirt in the club shop (now removed)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Every time I look NF have bought a player. How much have they spent.. ? Can I assume Fulham are not repeating there previous spend of £100m when they went up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here