Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Mission Impossible Film Franchise

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Little Tom's working on Number 8, didn't realise they'd done that many.

Only ever watched the first one but with an impending lock down coming up, are the other 6 worth a watch?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've always enjoyed the Mission Impossible films. They're exactly what you'd expect and are all the better for it. Plenty of action and crazy stunts with some decent storylines thrown in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I actually think the first one is the worst of the lot, found it moderately dull.

As others have said, the subsequent ones do get a whole lot better. MI2 was a bit silly (was that the John Woo one?), but the newer ones keep improving. I think my personal fave is Ghost Protocol, but have enjoyed them all.

Cruise is always marmite on here, but I can count on one hand the shit films he's been in. Easily one of the best actors of our generation.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A lady who starred in the last one happens to be a client of mine. I would recommend the one with Thandie Newton what a woman.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I actually think the first one is the worst of the lot, found it moderately dull.

As others have said, the subsequent ones do get a whole lot better. MI2 was a bit silly (was that the John Woo one?), but the newer ones keep improving. I think my personal fave is Ghost Protocol, but have enjoyed them all.

Cruise is always marmite on here, but I can count on one hand the shit films he's been in. Easily one of the best actors of our generation.

Nos1 was quite probably the very first 'grown ups film which you have to concentrate watching' Stat Club Jnrs watched.

Their faces for the iconic lowering down to the computer scene, is one of those memories that'll stay with me.
Proper eyes on stalks - jaws on the floor stuff.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Only ever watched the first one but with an impending lock down coming up, are the other 6 worth a watch?

if your into mind numbingly boring films then probably...

i hate it when they cast aging old actors as all star action figures, just use a young actor for jebus sake...
not a midget, with stupid camera angles to make him look bigger.

Liam Neeson can do one as well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rogue Nation is the best one for me

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Been watching one a week with the family, once past the first tedious two all good silly action fun. Looking forward to the next one. Though where all these naughty anarchist networks get their funding is beyond me.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I can't wait for the next one, it has the magnificent Hayley Atwell in it.

I first [ahem] came across her in Pillars of the Earth.

I think she's a very good actor, but I could just be blindsided by the fact that she's stunning and seems funny & smart in interviews. :love:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I can't wait for the next one, it has the magnificent Hayley Atwell in it.

xxx.jpg

She has big assets

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Only six have been released so far. They've been filming 7 and 8 back to back.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love him or loath him, got to admire the way he keeps himself at the top of his game. Bit like Ronnie in that way.

LIke others have said, the movies do get better as you go through the numbers imo. I like the fact he does pretty much all his own stunts, none of this 'back of the head' camera shots where a stunt double does all the hard work.

I remember watching this accident when filming MI6 on Graham Norton and winced in pain from my sofa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLFRGj-PPNI

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I see it the same as the Bond movies, far too over the top.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
The first one was very good, but not really an action movie like the rest. It was as much an Ocean's eleven type caper, although a bit more atmospheric

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here