Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hedge trimmer

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Now this is probably the wrong time of year, but somebody here must know a good make/model to buy.

I want a cordless extendable hedge trimmer that will reach at least 2 to 3 metres high. There seem lots out there, but I haven't heard of most of the makes.

I tend to be a bit rough with tools so it needs to be reasonably sturdy.

Any reasonable ones up to about £200?

All bad jokes about trim bushes welcome.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Now this is probably the wrong time of year, but somebody here must know a good make/model to buy.

I want a cordless extendable hedge trimmer that will reach at least 2 to 3 metres high. There seem lots out there, but I haven't heard of most of the makes.

I originally bought this one which was really good, very light but kept breaking down. I sent it back a couple of times for repair and it the end got a refund. Bosch customer services were hopeless, you get through to various surly Scousers who are paid not to help. Keep the box as they won’t provide you with another to send it back if needed!

Bosch 06008B3001 Cordless Telescopic Hedge Trimmer UniversalHedgePole 18

So I replaced it with this one:

Einhell GE-HH 18/45 Li T Power X-Change Cordless Telescopic Hedge Shears

It’s longer so reaches where the other one did not, and better made but after a while using it I must say I have found it extremely heavy and unwieldy and therefore a bit impractical.

So now I have ordered another one of the Bosch and will use both for different purposes as the hedges I have are all at very different heights, access points etc.

Got them both on Amazon, each was around £150, give or take.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I got talked into buying a battery powered makita lawn mower a couple of years back by a mate who sells tools for a living. The batteries and the dual charger actually cost more than the lawn mower itself. So one bit of advice I would give you is look at the whole range of tools offered by the manufacturer as once you've bought the batteries the outlay for the tool shells isn't huge.

I now have a makita strimmer, hedge trimmer and drill and certainly wouldn't put you off going down that route.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think I remember [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] being the hedge trimming expert.

I seem to remember he had a hedge trimmer with an 8m long lead....then it was 5.5m long....then 3.75m....:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was hoping the thread title might be a euphemism.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
razor.jpg

Just for HWT

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I got talked into buying a battery powered makita lawn mower a couple of years back by a mate who sells tools for a living. The batteries and the dual charger actually cost more than the lawn mower itself. So one bit of advice I would give you is look at the whole range of tools offered by the manufacturer as once you've bought the batteries the outlay for the tool shells isn't huge.

I now have a makita strimmer, hedge trimmer and drill and certainly wouldn't put you off going down that route.

This - I've also gone down the Makita LXT route, I probably have 20+ tools in this range but only 5 batteries, feels like a good deal :)

To add - Careful how long you go with the trimmer, 2 metres will start to get difficult to manoeuvre, consider a ladder!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here