Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] I Wuz Robbed!

el punal

Now in the Festive mood I decided to open my cylinder pack of cheese footballs. To my chagrin (good word that!) I found that there was only one silver foil bag of cheesy delights - last year there were two. Right then, so I opened the bag and tipped the footballs into the cylinder. The buggers only reached just above halfway.

So is this the latest in the manufacturers con of same price less product? File under tins of Quality Street which are now plastic containers, ditto Roses chocolates and probably many other of your Christmas favourites that have been reduced in size and quantity. Honestly, it’s enough to turn you to drink. Corkscrew please! :cry:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Now in the Festive mood I decided to open my cylinder pack of cheese footballs. To my chagrin (good word that!) I found that there was only one silver foil bag of cheesy delights - last year there were two. Right then, so I opened the bag and tipped the footballs into the cylinder. The buggers only reached just above halfway.

So is this the latest in the manufacturers con of same price less product? File under tins of Quality Street which are now plastic containers, ditto Roses chocolates and probably many other of your Christmas favourites that have been reduced in size and quantity. Honestly, it’s enough to turn you to drink. Corkscrew please! :cry:

It wuz the dog wot dun it. Just look at him, guilt written all over his face.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I think wine bottles are only 65ml now :drink::drink:

or will be soon :)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My Mrs genuinely didn't have a clue what I was talking about the other day when I spoke about cheese footballs. I even showed her a photo of them and she claimed to have never seen them before.
I tried explaining the taste. The best I could conjure up was "vomit and parmesan coated in the crust, scraped from someone's really smelly feet." She said they sound delightful.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have a thumb for that :thumbsup: Who said NSC was losing its touch?

Mrs GB didn't even get me a pork scratching advent calendar this year :cry:

...even better than that. Very good so far, decent beers and even nicer crackling....although missing the mustard and chilli options

calendar.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
...even better than that. Very good so far, decent beers and even nicer crackling....although missing the mustard and chilli options

View attachment 142973

Absolutely wonderful

THe only thing that could possibly top that, and it would only be custom made in Northern Italy . . . Would be an Emilia-Romagna Lambrusco and parmesan advent calendar

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A bottle of cherryaid on the sideboard was the proper sign it was Christmas.

Cheeseballs ? Don't know they're born :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But this is what the public want. Smaller sizes to get everyone eating less and getting healthy. It must be so because Johnson would never lie to us.
You do have to overlook that as an example people generally now eat two chocolate bars rather than one due to the reduction in size which rather defeats the health angle but of course does increase sales and profits for the manufacturer.

The bigger issue than reducing cheese balls is how thin marzipan and icing has become on Christmas cakes. Disgraceful.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
does it end with **ite?

Squirrel!

And now let's move on to bloody Club Chocolate bars. Orange clubs were once muscular brutes with a depth of chocolate that required a jack hammer nibbling approach around the edges. But now not only has the bar itself shrunk but the it looks like a gentle breeze could blow away the chocolate layer. Rant over :rant:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You decide.

FFS.PNG

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Everyone has an old Christmas chocolate selection tin (plastic) somewhere in the house. Check out the size with the one you've just purchased from Tesco.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here