Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Under 13 Sunday League Availability ? Goalkeeper.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I’m sure there’s a few people involved in the Sunday league set up on here. Looking to get my son in to a Sunday team in goal, how would I find out what teams have any positions open (rather than contact each individual team). Maybe a forum ? It’s for next season. Thanks for any help.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m sure there’s a few people involved in the Sunday league set up on here. Looking to get my son in to a Sunday team in goal, how would I find out what teams have any positions open (rather than contact each individual team). Maybe a forum ? It’s for next season. Thanks for any help.

If U12 this season for U13 next, Fishersgate Flyers have 2 teams at U12 this season and you could probably go along in the new year and finish this season off with them. I think both teams are on the look out for players, I know Blues would love a keeper!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Where do you live?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There’s a great Facebook group called Request a Friendly that you could try. It’s a bit Pompey based but there are a few managers on there who are from Brighton way. You could ask if anyone needs a keeper on there.

You might want to think about his level too. Not much point approaching average clubs if he’s really good and vice versa. If you want to suss out ability levels look at the two Sussex leagues on FA full time. Search for the Mid Sussex Youth League and Sussex Sunday Youth League. There is an Arun and Chichester league if you are down that way.

https://fulltime.thefa.com/home/search.html

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Where do you live?

He’s from Steyning, so anything in a decent radius. He plays Saturday football but has to rotate with another goalie which is obviously fair enough, I presume he can play for another team as long as it’s Sunday and not Saturday ?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

That’s a good idea and I’d happily support / contribute. I’m involved in youth football and I find the greatest challenge is getting coaches, not players. Most youth coaches are Dads (and occasionally Mums) of the players and it’s difficult to get the right ones from a small gene pool. Currently I’m looking for an u11 coach ( u12 next season) to run a new developing team - please pm me if you are interested.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Remember when trying to find a team for my son it was a nightmare looking up clubs and trying to work out info. Seems word of mouth is best bet. If the kid does any paid for coaching sessions worth asking the coach that takes them for suggestions too.

Jul 7, 2003

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I find it a nightmare stopping clubs trying to sign my son. Top scorer for his club at under 16, 18 and under 23s this season. Had Barnet, Colchester, Enfield all sorts bothering us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here