Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oldham ban fans for speaking out.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59742923

Oldham Athletic have banned three fans for three years for "promoting their dislike" of the League Two club.

The fans received a letter from Latics general manager Steven Brown on Monday, telling them they were banned from first team and youth games until 2024.

Bradley Knowles, one of the trio, told BBC Radio Manchester he was "shocked" to be banned by Oldham and labelled the club a "dictatorship".

[tweet]1472878085410336772[/tweet]
A bit too far IMO...

Last edited:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Oldham Athletic have banned three fans for three years for "promoting their dislike" of the League Two club.

The fans received a letter from Latics general manager Steven Brown on Monday, telling them they were banned from first team and youth games until 2024.

Bradley Knowles, one of the trio, told BBC Radio Manchester he was "shocked" to be banned by Oldham and labelled the club a "dictatorship".

A bit too far IMO...:shrug:

As is the club’s right, but not a good look for the club - as a degree of balance I haven’t seen what the 3 have been posting to earn the ban!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Looking a lot like a full-blown repeat of the Blackpool saga with the owners entrenched in a position where they'd rather see their asset valueless than actually admit they were wrong.

My brother was a season ticket holder at the Latics for a number of years and I joined him on a few occasions including one memorable night spent camped in his car waiting for Cup tickets to go on sale and him needing an extra "body" with him so he could get enough tickets for his group of friends.

Such a shame that "Fit & Proper" seems so often to mean people who are neither fit nor proper to own a football club and, more importantly, a community asset.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

[tweet]1472878085410336772[/tweet]
A bit too far IMO...

Surely they have no legal right to tell them they can't go to away games??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Steven Brown sounds like a laugh and a half ! Jumped up #tw@t ! OMG, I've probably just got myself banned from Oldham games :(

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
God I love our football. Who cares about wins?

#PleaseDontBanMePaul

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Are you suggesting that we should fill his in box?

I am not an Oldham fan, although I did follow them for a short while when Keelo went there for what must have been the most disappointing time of his career.
One would hope that Oldham fans will have no problem in making their feelings known and cause the sort of disruption that we did when Archer and Bellotti were causing chaos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here