Burn
March
Cuccarella
MacAllister
Mwepu
Lallana
Trossard
Maupay

Subs Steele,Webster Alzate Roberts, Welbeck :clap:Richards, Ferguson.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Impossible to predict without knowing who has covid, who has recovered from injury. Just throw some names in the air and see who lands where.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is this match actually going to go ahead, do we think?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would love to see Welbeck on the bench v either Brentford or Chelsea…….

Not seen any news out of either club on Covid situation…guess we have to wait for the press conference for any clues.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Not seen any news out of either club on Covid situation…guess we have to wait for the press conference for any clues.

Still way too early for the club to even comment on the situation. what applies today may not apply tomorrow etc. We should have a better idea later in the week.

scooter1

How soon is now?

Now teams are being told they have to fulfill fixtures with 14 fit players, I suspect they will now stop sharing COVID data. It'll all be down to who's available on the day..

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sanchez
Lamptey
Duffy
Burn
March
Cuccarella
MacAllister
Mwepu
Lallana
Trossard
Maupay

Subs Steele,Webster Alzate Roberts, Welbeck :clap:Richards, Ferguson.

Interesting choice to suggest March as the left of a back 3. Could be a stroke of genius, maybe have him playing as a sort of quarterback from that position. Not sure I'd trust Dan Burn in the centre of the 3 but you're a braver person than I am.

I'm not sure when the last time I saw a suggested team not include Bissouma, when he's fit and available (unless I'm missing something?).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Interesting choice to suggest March as the left of a back 3. Could be a stroke of genius, maybe have him playing as a sort of quarterback from that position. Not sure I'd trust Dan Burn in the centre of the 3 but you're a braver person than I am.

I'm not sure when the last time I saw a suggested team not include Bissouma, when he's fit and available (unless I'm missing something?).

He's banned

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is this the last game that bookings bring a suspension ?

Veltman Duffy Webster Cucurella
Moder

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is this the last game that bookings bring a suspension ?

Not any more. It should have been, originally, as it was the 19th game. With 2 cancelled (Spurs and United), the cut off is currently Everton on 2nd January.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do you think it's worth turning up early and taking my boots with me, just in case…………?

You could do . . . although l think Stat Brother already has his name down as emergency centre forward.

Give him a go l say, could he really be any worse than Maupay?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As of Wednesday, Brentford were reporting they had THIRTEEN current positive cases...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59679767

I wonder if some clubs are thinking the best tactic is to let it sweep through the playing staff at the same time. Have a couple of games off and then not worry about it. It reminds me of the chicken pox parties of old. I'm not saying they should but it is pretty clear some clubs are not making much effort to control it at the moment, whilst others really are.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As it's Boxing Day I'm going for:

Dad in goal (as he's had a stroke)

Mum, Me, The Missus, at the back mopping everything up.

Ghosts of the Spaniels running around in the midfield

No-one up front, much like a Brighton side.

No Sky TV and not local so can't listen on the radio. Death In Paradise starts at 20:00 which is a shame as I fancied Carry On Up the Khyber at 20:15, reckon I'll be vetoed on that one. Oh well, it's Boxing Day, I'll be doing what everyone really should be doing.

Happy Christmas everyone, except Sky TV and the EPL.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I wonder if some clubs are thinking the best tactic is to let it sweep through the playing staff at the same time. Have a couple of games off and then not worry about it. It reminds me of the chicken pox parties of old. I'm not saying they should but it is pretty clear some clubs are not making much effort to control it at the moment, whilst others really are.

i've had this thought too, but it only takes one long COVID or perhaps worse, and you realise what a terrible idea it was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here