Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What a ####.

Screenshot_20211220-184451~2.png

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
What the **** is happening in the world, why does there seem to be one of these stories coming out of the UK weekly?!

Edit: 11 years for killing a 3 year old, why should this man have a chance at a future after taking the life of a 3 year old. He will be 38 when he gets out, likely have another 50 years ahead of him.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Nowhere near long enough. These cases are pretty rare (I think) so is this just a random spike? Maybe impact of the lockdown in the past 18 months?

This is heartbreaking and I fear that lockdown has facilitated the most shocking domestic violence.....

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Poverty and lockdown. It’s not an excuse, but it’s a terrible melting pot for this kind of thing. Our country is rotten to the core I’m afraid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So out after about 7 years.

For snuffing out the life of a defenceless disabled kid who got up his nose.

Utter scum.

The sentence needs reappraising.

I should cut and paste what I posted on another recent thread about social services, and a zero tolerance approach to 'parents' who won't allow access to social services (which is what happens).

It is worth noting that if there is just one person out of the 20,000 who occasionally browses NSC who might pause just long enough to not be the worst kind of fool as a consequence of one of these threads, or there is someone who knows of someone else who is on the cusp and is provoked to act, it's worth starting threads like this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Poverty and lockdown. It’s not an excuse, but it’s a terrible melting pot for this kind of thing. Our country is rotten to the core I’m afraid.

No it isn't.

There are some weak, foolish and nasty people (and a combination of the three on occasions) unfortunately. Most people are decent.

But the country could do better with respect to preventing this sort of thing, I feel.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Am I right in saying that none of the three recent child murderers were the biological parent....???

Something for single parents to think about ...?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I should cut and paste what I posted on another recent thread about social services, and a zero tolerance approach to 'parents' who won't allow access to social services (which is what happens).

It is worth noting that if there is just one person out of the 20,000 who occasionally browses NSC who might pause just long enough to not be the worst kind of fool as a consequence of one of these threads, or there is someone who knows of someone else who is on the cusp and is provoked to act, it's worth starting threads like this.

As far as I am aware Social Services were not involved here - in this instance it appeared he duped the mother first and foremost otherwise she would have been on trial as well, which she wasn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As far as I am aware Social Services were not involved here - in this instance it appeared he duped the mother first and foremost otherwise she would have been on trial as well, which she wasn't.

I see. Beyond prention then. Very sad.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I notice social services get a kicking in these tragic cases from the same political commentators who supported austerity cuts

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I notice social services get a kicking in these tragic cases from the same political commentators who supported austerity cuts

They are generally the same people who lay in to the NHS, teachers, etc, etc - yet continually advocate for reduced public spending and lower taxes. And, apparently it's what the country wants - having voted for the party of austerity at the last four General Elections.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So out after about 7 years.

For snuffing out the life of a defenceless disabled kid who got up his nose.

Utter scum.

The sentence needs reappraising.

This. I volunteer at a school for severely disabled children and young adults…..the stresses on parents/carers are immense but the thought of this scumbag being out after 6/7 years is terrifying.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
11 years is a joke. That is the price our society places on the life of a defenceless child?

And yet if you are convicted of the manslaughter of a police officer it is a mandatory life sentence.

Something is very wrong with our judicial system. A young child has no way to defend itself against such brutality and no way to summon help. It cannot avoid the torment and torture. So depressing that our country has become so shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here