Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League to Go Ahead

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If they have 13 players plus keeper the game must go ahead.
Strange the article says 'no vote took place'.

They don’t need a vote if City/United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Newcastle want it their way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They don’t need a vote if City/United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Newcastle want it their way.

Don't want to side with the big clubs, but Liverpool and Chelsea weren't helped out when they wanted matches postponed. Seems only some clubs, like villa and spurs were, and of course man u.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm guessing Amazon had the casting vote.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Instead, clubs have been advised if they have 13 fit players, plus a goalkeeper, they should fulfil their games.

Turns it into a lottery. A joke Premier League season to be followed by another joke season with a World Cup in the Middle East crowbarred into it.

Money trumps common sense :down:

What are the odds of some U23s picking up some interesting niggles just before matchday?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I'm guessing the options were:

• Play matches
  • Postpone but pay Amazon back £30m

The second option was actually “postpone but extend your free trial of Amazon Prime into an annual subscription, and not just for when it is showing games that used to be on Sky or BT Sport (which you are already paying for) …”

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[emoji2357] Looking forward to another dull and frustrating match on the 26th then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I won't, as I won't be watching.

I'll be doing something with my family members who haven't caught COVID. We're doing LFTs and doing what one should do at 8pm on a Boxing Day - talk to one another, do something, anything that isn't the Premier League.

Personally, I think the PL have got it totally wrong. But then again, they have no balls and no moral backbone. I hope they never put a "supporting the NHS" banner up again.

The TV companies - who also have no moral fibre - have them by the short and curlies. A simple two week circuit breaker would do us all good - players, fans, the healthcare system.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
well I'm delighted.
Got tickets for Boxing day to take my son to his first proper match. He has suddenly got into football in a big way and at 8 years old he's a year before me.
My first game was Brighton v Man City at the Goldstone where we won 4-1 (October 81) so I was 9 and hooked for life.

I took him to Getefe but that was a **** pre-season with a half empty stadium and we lost 2-0 - I thought I had lost him for ever

This time it will be Brentford in a **** game with half..........................hang on............

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I'll be doing something with my family members who haven't caught COVID. We're doing LFTs and doing what one should do at 8pm on a Boxing Day - talk to one another, do something, anything that isn't the Premier League.

Personally, I think the PL have got it totally wrong. But then again, they have no balls and no moral backbone. I hope they never put a "supporting the NHS" banner up again.

The TV companies - who also have no moral fibre - have them by the short and curlies. A simple two week circuit breaker would do us all good - players, fans, the healthcare system.

And the Advertisers who have bought up Premium Advertising Space during Xmas when everyone watches more TV have got the TV Companies by a different set of short and curlies

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great stuff. A chance to be 13 without a win at New Year.

Having to seriously think about this, infection growth rates are off the charts and hard to see how you aren't begging to catch it by attending. I attended all the ballot games in between lockdowns so am not a total panicker on this but the risks starting to look disproportional

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Can I just be a lone voice here and say (transport issues completely excepted) isn't it better for families to have the whole day together with football in the evening? I completely accept every family is different and some prefer evenings together but normally with a 3pm kick off or an away game a vast chunk of the day is gone. Just an alternative view but I really don't think a late kick off is that bad (again with the proviso that transport is a huge issue).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Instead, clubs have been advised if they have 13 fit players, plus a goalkeeper, they should fulfil their games.

Turns it into a lottery. A joke Premier League season to be followed by another joke season with a World Cup in the Middle East crowbarred into it.

Money trumps common sense :down:

What are the odds of some U23s picking up some interesting niggles just before matchday?

Should have been the rules from day 1 so everyone knew

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here