Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs kicked out of ECL

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
UEFA have ruled that Spurs forfeited their match and Rennes have been awarded a 3-0 win.
At last a governing body with some backbone.
I said on a thread at the time that this was a very possible outcome, we should have been awarded the win that Sunday too but of course the EPL are not going to hurt one of their ‘big’ clubs…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The obvious decision. Would also have been very unfair to Vitesse if the game was played.

Also dont think Spurs give a shit tbh.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The obvious decision. Would also have been very unfair to Vitesse if the game was played.

Getting to the stage where it's almost becoming a Mickey Mouse competition. For a club like Tottenham and it's fans it's the Champions League or nothing.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Yes. Spurs know they can't compete on all fronts with their fixtures piling up. This way they get to go out of a competition whilst saving face and, with at least a small amount of plausibility, blaming someone else. They will be quietly delighted

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Daniel Levy couldn't give a shit about the minor trophies but I'm sure the ordinary Spurs fans who gone 13 years without a trophy will be angry about this shambles.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Getting to the stage where it's almost becoming a Mickey Mouse competition. For a club like Tottenham and it's fans it's the Champions League or nothing.

This is the first season I believe, maybe you're confusing with Europa League. Leicester have been dumped into this having got knocked out of Europa League and Rodgers said he didn't even know what it was.

It's a total waste of time, should just be a stand alone thing for clubs from the back of beyond that get stuffed 7-0 every time they play

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is the first season I believe, maybe you're confusing with Europa League. Leicester have been dumped into this having got knocked out of Europa League and said he didn't even know what it was. It's a total waste of time, should just be a stand alone thing for clubs for the back of beyond that get stuffed 7-0 every time they play

Leeds and Newcastle?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The second Rennes goal should certainly have gone to VAR. Eric Dier clearly got headbutted as the corner came in with a broken nose after.......:ohmy:

Still, a fantastic 3-0 win away at Spurs. Wonder what the odds on that were? Christmas paid for to UEFA big wigs. They've cleaned up.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
My Spurs fan colleague is perfectly fine with this. He was against this competition from the start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here