Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Used stamps for charity?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do any local (to Brighton) charities still take used stamps that they sell on to collectors? If so I've got loads I want to pass on.

Thanks

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Do any local (to Brighton) charities still take used stamps that they sell on to collectors? If so I've got loads I want to pass on.

Thanks

Pre-pandemic, the Martlets Hospice shop on Blatchington Road, Hove, had some on their front desk for sale. But they had been sorted into country etc attached to sheets.

Might be worth giving them a ring first to check they take them in bulk.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do kids still collect stamps these days? I find it hard to imagine they do, with all the other entertainment, X-Boxes and the like that they've got these days - back in the day, we all got given a stamp album for Christmas or a birthday at some time or another (some of were more enthusiastic about them some of us less!)
So, have the kids that loved their collections carried their hobby into later life - and are there enough to make it viable for charities to collect used stamps and sell them on to .................... who exactly?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I use a wax seal, not sure if these are any good?

Having said that, they're at the other end

with Bojo attached the letter explaining ones financial efficiency and a golden ticket to Mustique for Christmas, such a chiz, but needs must.

A member of staff will retrieve ones Cloak.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I spend a large amount of the festive period spotting and cutting unfranked stamps from unwanted cards.

A bit of glue, carefully plonk in the top right hand corner and BINGO, a free reciprocation destined straight for the recycle bin.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I spend a large amount of the festive period spotting and cutting unfranked stamps from unwanted cards.

A bit of glue, carefully plonk in the top right hand corner and BINGO, a free reciprocation destined straight for the recycle bin.

Splendid work

Conveyance of recycling can be such a chore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here