Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Racecourse boosters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (or any Mod), is it worth a sticky for a few days that people can update with availability of boosters ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I shared this info on twitter, but have been told that the racecourse:

1. Is not operating for walk-ins
2. Is appointment only...
3. ...and is fully booked.

So do NOT go there.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lancing parish hall is doing walk ins. Big sign outside “walk-ins”. Was no queue when I went past couple of hours ago.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

So do NOT go there.

I've just been there. Today they ARE taking walk-ins and there is NO queue. Close at 5. I wouldn't have posted my original post if it was not the case. Changes on a daily basis though, so always worth checking.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The messaging is so confusing. My brother can’t travel to any / many that you can book appointments for and refuses to acknowledge walk in centres exist - and ones that do vary so much. So he’s sat waiting for his doctors to invite him [emoji849]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just been there. Today they ARE taking walk-ins and there is NO queue. Close at 5. I wouldn't have posted my original post if it was not the case. Changes on a daily basis though, so always worth checking.

I appreciate that. But I was immediately contacted by someone working there saying the absolute opposite:

“Please remove the tweet about racecourse - it’s not true and we’re fully booked.”

So I shared that.

And then someone else working there replied to that tweet saying people could walk up.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
I work there sometimes. My understanding is that at the moment each vaccinator has an allocated number of "slots" per shift - ie max number of people they can vaccinate in a shift. If the number of booked people is less than the max they can vaccinate then they can offer the empty slots for walk-ins. If they're already full at the start of the shift then walk-ins will be turned away. The problem I suspect is that it's not very easy to find out if the shift/day is full or not. Essentially you can turn up and they'll try to vaccinate you, but if they're full to capacity you'll get turned away.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I work there sometimes. My understanding is that at the moment each vaccinator has an allocated number of "slots" per shift - ie max number of people they can vaccinate in a shift. If the number of booked people is less than the max they can vaccinate then they can offer the empty slots for walk-ins. If they're already full at the start of the shift then walk-ins will be turned away. The problem I suspect is that it's not very easy to find out if the shift/day is full or not. Essentially you can turn up and they'll try to vaccinate you, but if they're full to capacity you'll get turned away.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Friend of mine who works at a different centre said they’re fully booked for weeks ahead now, but there are walk-ins taken every day because there are always a lot of no-shows.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I appreciate that. But I was immediately contacted by someone working there saying the absolute opposite:

“Please remove the tweet about racecourse - it’s not true and we’re fully booked.”

So I shared that.

And then someone else working there replied to that tweet saying people could walk up.

I think it depends on which arm you are speaking to.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

So do NOT go there.

I had a walk in booster there on Tuesday.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went there on Thursday for a booked booster jab, they had 2 queues, one for bookings and the other for walk in, at the door it seemed to be one and one from each queue going in.
Seemed to work well, I was jabbed a little after my booked time but not a problem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here