Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top Scorers By Season

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Really interesting this.

I fondly remember Wardy's brilliance, and Zamora's flair (and the missed ones too) but I'd forgotten Tomer Hemed was top scorer in 2015/2016.

We know Glenn Murray was brilliant, but when you see that he was our top scorer in 4 seasons it brings it home. As for 2014/2015 with Dunk top scoring on 7 (the Hyypia disaster) it reminds how far we have come.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Mark Gall - I loved him.
Junior Mcdougald, Kurt Nogan, Jeff Minton, names I will remember till my dying day. I loved that period.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m still waiting for a better pairing than Wardy and Spider. I will never see it, I know; but it’s the thought that I might that brings me back. Yes, we probably have the most technically brilliant side I have ever seen (not individual - that’s Lawro - special mention to Vicente), but for out-of-your-seat excitement, it’s still Wardy. One day though… one day.

I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be Connolly.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I’m still waiting for a better pairing than Wardy and Spider. I will never see it, I know; but it’s the thought that I might that brings me back. Yes, we probably have the most technically brilliant side I have ever seen (not individual - that’s Lawro - special mention to Vicente), but for out-of-your-seat excitement, it’s still Wardy. One day though… one day.

Spot on post.[emoji460][emoji106]

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Murray and Barnes?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Murray and Barnes?

An excellent pairing for sure, but not as exciting imo. There was quite a period when Wardy was running through on goal where my thought was ‘we’ve scored’ and started celebrating. Murray and Barnes: ‘Decent chance this’. Current lot (most of the time): ‘I wonder how we’ll balls this up”.

When we sang “he shot, he missed…’ I, for one, meant every word.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
An excellent pairing for sure, but not as exciting imo. There was quite a period when Wardy was running through on goal where my thought was ‘we’ve scored’ and started celebrating. Murray and Barnes: ‘Decent chance this’. Current lot (most of the time): ‘I wonder how we’ll balls this up”.

When we sang “he shot, he missed…’ I, for one, meant every word.

Yes. Great days. I still can't forget the Walsall game. I was living in London and the evening standard had only the half time score when I picked up a late edition after a long day at uni. :laugh:

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Just imagine the Wardy era played out at the Amex

As soon as Wardy picked up the ball,everyone would have been out of their seat

Your right about Lawro too :thumbsup:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
If I've read that list right we've had 7 strikers score 10 or more in the Amex era. And 3 of those were Glenn Murray.

Wowsers.

think in our promotion season there was 5 players who scored more than 10 but I may be wrong (Murray, Baldock, Hemed, Knockaert and one other, Murphy maybe?)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Nearly 20 years since we had a striker score 20 goals who wasn’t Murray. Very few above 15. We seem to have a long standing problem with striker recruitment. Like the opposite of Brentford.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nearly 20 years since we had a striker score 20 goals who wasn’t Murray. Very few above 15. We seem to have a long standing problem with striker recruitment. Like the opposite of Brentford.

Like that Neal Maupay bloke. If only Brighton could find a striker like that.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
think in our promotion season there was 5 players who scored more than 10 but I may be wrong (Murray, Baldock, Hemed, Knockaert and one other, Murphy maybe?)

I know there are 8 more games per season in the Championship, but the thought of 5 of of our squad scoring that many goals in a season is mouthwatering. But then we did win a lot of great games in the championship promotion (and nearly promotion) seasons.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Murphy only got 2 league goals that season. Murray top scored with 23, then Knockaert with 15 and Hemed and Bladock with 11. Next after them was Solly March with 3.

We could so do with a Peter Ward (18 goals 79-80) or Michael Robinson (22 goals 80-81). They wouldn't be here long but what a ride it would be. I think Neal Maupay is a great player but he's never going to do with Ward or Robbo did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here