Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trainline - Train tickets for Manchester United

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I purchased 4 advanced single train tickets to Manchester for the game on the 18th, and 4 advanced singles for the way home. Everywhere I’ve looked it looks like I’ve got no chance of a refund. I’ve emailed them but I was just wondering if anybody has managed to get some kind of refund or credit note from Trainline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
At the very worst you could check live departures/arrivals. If cancellation or delays you'd get some compensation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you bought directly from Avanti good luck - even with an off peak ticket that is guaranteed a full refund (minus £10) I have been waiting since 16th October for a refund. Sent it over to AMEX to sort for me :ffsparr:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I posted on another thread about this as it's far better to buy your tickets through Split Tickets as my tickets were all advance tickets on their site but they give you the option of giving you the ticket money as credit for another journey as long as it's taken in the next 11 months.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
3648c901598a52ed2b27248fbe1d6be0.jpg

Looking hopeful of getting some of the fare back. Was booked on 08.40.

Last edited:

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
You should be able to change the date and time of your journey. If you change them to a far off future date you can then change them again when the rearranged fixture date is known. Might be too late now though to do this.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
You should be able to change the date and time of your journey. If you change them to a far off future date you can then change them again when the rearranged fixture date is known. Might be too late now though to do this.

Could have done but would have had to have paid £10 admin fee for each ticket (another £40 up and then £40 return) so decided to cut our losses. As it is we need another 5 minute delay to get to 50% refund for the way up, currently on 25%. Watching the tracker is actually more exciting than Wednesday night’s game.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Could have done but would have had to have paid £10 admin fee for each ticket (another £40 up and then £40 return) so decided to cut our losses. As it is we need another 5 minute delay to get to 50% refund for the way up, currently on 25%. Watching the tracker is actually more exciting than Wednesday night’s game.

:clap::lol::lolol:

Bod

Dec 8, 2015

I remember once on a train to Liverpool the conductor gave us a running commentary on how late we were. There was unbridled scenes of joy when we pulled into Lime Street and he announced we were half an hour late.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The PL or the FA should set up a deal with one of these companies similar to the sort of deals large corporates have - cancellation of trips were never really an issue and refunds were given. There must be a fair number of trips each season across the teams.

Personally have always used coaches where you can sit down and go to sleep if you want and not miss your stop, handy for early /late starts or if you have had a few drinks and just feel the need to relax.

Also considerably cheaper

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
What was the result for the first leg [MENTION=14282]Quinney[/MENTION] ?

Train arrived at 11.19, so 33 minutes late. Should get 50% of the fare back. Not sure what happened to the train home. Originally it was 16.15. That train no longer shows up, but the 16.20 was cancelled so I’m going for a full refund.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here