Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Mac Allister - why isn't he playing more?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel that Mac is the only player who can replace Gross, and historically we've struggled in dead ball situations without Gross. That's why it was so good to see Mac putting some good balls into the box today.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I feel that Mac is the only player who can replace Gross, and historically we've struggled in dead ball situations without Gross. That's why it was so good to see Mac putting some good balls into the box today.

Mac put some great balls in he really did, only fluffed the one corner Infront of the NS

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Have to say though, that was the worst dive i have ever seen from a BHA player. I know he was fouled in the build up, but that was truly embarrassing. Hate to see it. Takes the record for worst dive away from Kevin Bremner who somehow managed to con the ref and get us a penalty against leeds in the fa cup a while back. Hate to see it. Thought he played well otherwise.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What I like about Mac is that he isn't afraid to have a shot. Too many players look to take that extra step but Alexis will have a dig first time and from outside the area. I know Biss does too but he's more likely to bother low earth satellites than the goalie.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Have to say though, that was the worst dive i have ever seen from a BHA player. I know he was fouled in the build up, but that was truly embarrassing. Hate to see it. Takes the record for worst dive away from Kevin Bremner who somehow managed to con the ref and get us a penalty against leeds in the fa cup a while back. Hate to see it. Thought he played well otherwise.

The sad thing is had he not fallen like he had been shot the ref would not have given it!

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
What I like about Mac is that he isn't afraid to have a shot. Too many players look to take that extra step but Alexis will have a dig first time and from outside the area. I know Biss does too but he's more likely to bother low earth satellites than the goalie.

I was just saying pretty much the same thing, ironically after a game where both goals were scored from outside the box.

It’s frustrating sometimes when we try and pass the ball into the net so Alexis and Enoch are a breath of fresh air in that respect

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree but it's going to be difficult with Biss coming back.

Do you not think that MacAllister is slightly more offensive than Biss?

Lallana was more in the Biss role yesterday I felt, so probably he should be looking over his shoulder re Biss.

I’d shoehorn MacAllister into the team….

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Lallana was more in the Biss role yesterday I felt, so probably he should be looking over his shoulder re Biss.

I know this is heresy but against teams like Brentford, we don't actually miss Biss. Having one extra offensive midfielder defenitely helped
However, against Chelsea we need to swap out one of Lallana, Moder or Mac for Biss, although I wouldn't be surprised if all three drop out and March and Gross come in

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Before yesterday I'd agree about Lallana but he probably had one of his best games for us, far more positive thinking from him. Yes, Mac is better in the forward positions but Biss is better at breaking up play. Going to be a tough decision.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know this is heresy but against teams like Brentford, we don't actually miss Biss. Having one extra offensive midfielder defenitely helped
However, against Chelsea we need to swap out one of Lallana, Moder or Mac for Biss, although I wouldn't be surprised if all three drop out and March and Gross come in

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

We had a free kick a bit before the hour.

After the inevitable breakdown, BDB stayed up for the second and third recycle of play.

Exactly what I want to see when leading, at home, against teams like Brentford, but has frequently been missing.

Jimmy Grimble

We had a free kick a bit before the hour.

After the inevitable breakdown, BDB stayed up for the second and third recycle of play.

Exactly what I want to see when leading, at home, against teams like Brentford, but has frequently been missing.

Because we’ve not been leading?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have a lot of good midfielders but yes Ali Mc should be starting more often (just don't ask instead of who).

Gone are the days when teams had a 'first eleven'. We have assembled a squad of players all of whom are expected to be able to play for the first team, with selection and substitutions based on the judgement of the head coach and his team. Sometimes, with our history, it's easy to forget this. Different times ??? :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Before yesterday I'd agree about Lallana but he probably had one of his best games for us, far more positive thinking from him. Yes, Mac is better in the forward positions but Biss is better at breaking up play. Going to be a tough decision.

Thought he was in and out - twice switched off leaving Brentford a clear run at our defence. There were glimpses of brilliance though I agree, especially the kind of double drag back in the second half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here