Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Mac Allister - why isn't he playing more?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been quite a couple of months.

From 'get rid' to back in the Argentinian squad.

[tweet]1483816646791909385[/tweet]

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Been quite a couple of months.

From 'get rid' to back in the Argentinian squad.

[tweet]1483816646791909385[/tweet]
Well deserved he's been immense.

My only fear, without being Tuchelous about it is that he might suffer from playing too much with the international games.

I seem to remember him coming back injured from last time he was called up, and I think that definitely slowed his progress into becoming a regular starter

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As others are saying, in answer to the OP's question, he is playing all the time, and will be doing so for a long time yet.

Indeed - it's almost as though Mr Potter reads NSC! He was hardly getting (m)any minutes, then this thread - and he's started every game since.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
ali.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gutted for him. Will surely affect his travel plans back to ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looks likely he will miss Spurs at least.
Shame if so as he’s been playing so well

It's only 5 days isolation now though? And if he hasn't been affected much, he should be just as fit. Unless it messes up travel plans, or rules are different there?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well deserved he's been immense.

My only fear, without being Tuchelous about it is that he might suffer from playing too much with the international games.

I seem to remember him coming back injured from last time he was called up, and I think that definitely slowed his progress into becoming a regular starter

Tuchelous is an excellent word.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Tuchelous is an excellent word.

Tuchelous. Adj: To whine and whinge, in a very Germanic manner, over non existent excuses and reasons for failing to do one's job. EG; Stop being Tuchelous.
Verb: Tuchelling. Act or state of being Tuchelous. EG;He's Tuchelling again.
Noun. Tuchel: To whine and whinge in a wholly unnecessary manner in an exaggerated way over one's own failings. EG; You're being a Tuchel.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's only 5 days isolation now though? And if he hasn't been affected much, he should be just as fit. Unless it messes up travel plans, or rules are different there?

I guess the problem is now he can’t travel until he is negative.

So that’s next Weds/Thurs at the earliest depending on when he tested positive and when he can return two negative tests.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

So that’s next Weds/Thurs at the earliest depending on when he tested positive and when he can return two negative tests.
Deserves a rest for spurs and lallana and bissy are back. How amazing to have a top half squad now.

Also incredible to think that apart from son and kane there is little difference in squad quality Brighton Vs spurs. In fact I can't imagine dier or Harry winks would get in our team.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

I suspect he would not have been a starter in any case. In previous seasons, GP has usually left players travelling long distances midweek back from internationals out of the weekend game (é.g. Mac and Alzate) due to "tiredness".

Having said that, this might mean our under 23s playing a lot of Thursday nights next year in places such as Budapest and Riga in the Euro Conference League!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Deserves a rest for spurs and lallana and bissy are back. How amazing to have a top half squad now.

Also incredible to think that apart from son and kane there is little difference in squad quality Brighton Vs spurs. In fact I can't imagine dier or Harry winks would get in our team.

Agreed.

I'm guessing Yves will be given the evening off after AFCON and Lallana and Mac might get a half each or something. Mwepu out as well, but i'm still totally confident that we'll put out a midfield which will be competitive with anything Spurs put out

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Agreed.

I'm guessing Yves will be given the evening off after AFCON and Lallana and Mac might get a half each or something. Mwepu out as well, but i'm still totally confident that we'll put out a midfield which will be competitive with anything Spurs put out
Also with Alzate and Caceido in South America and Columbia and Ecuador playing on late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I suspect the midfield starters would have to be Biss, Lallana and Moder (assuming we play a back three with Cucu and Lamptey wingbacks).
However, that looks potentially a very strong side!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Also with Alzate and Caceido in South America and Columbia and Ecuador playing on late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, I suspect the midfield starters would have to be Biss, Lallana and Moder (assuming we play a back three with Cucu and Lamptey wingbacks).
However, that looks potentially a very strong side!

Gross is available isn't he? Alzate if he's play a full game, we might have to rest him, but i'm not sure he will.

Agree that a back 3 seems sensible (especially if we still have a left footed centre back by then)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Gross is available isn't he? Alzate if he's play a full game, we might have to rest him, but i'm not sure he will.

Agree that a back 3 seems sensible (especially if we still have a left footed centre back by then)
Oh how did I forget Gross! And of course March will also be available.
God, our midfield options at the moment are amazing (remember Mwepu injured at the moment) and players like Leonard coming through (plus the loanees).

Which does beg a question, why on earth would anyone think we should bring in Deli Alli ?(I know, different thread)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here