Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good. Next time Brighton are playing against the reserves of a third division Spanish team, we know we can count on him to do a job.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good. Next time Brighton are playing against the reserves of a third division Spanish team, we know we can count on him to do a job.

As opposed to Connolly and Locadia who have featured in PL games this season?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Move on. He's only our problem for another 6 months (isn't he?)

Depends on if Cadiz take up their option to buy on the loan deal. If not we’ve got him for another year still as his contract runs out summer 2023.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Oh sh*t. He won't sign for Cadiz because they won't pay him as much as he gets from sitting on his arse with us then. :(

I’d be more worried that Cadiz don’t want him and have been threatening to terminate the loan deal than worrying about what wages they might be offering him. Normally when a loan to buy deal is agreed it means the player is open to the move permanently so will be fully aware of what the potential wages are etc and personal terms may already be agreed in that respect.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Andone is the best PL striker we've acquired since promotion to the Payola league.

He may have a foil thin hand grenade temperment . . . But a good manager can deal with that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Connolly 5 in 45 in senior matches.

Andone 4 in 26

But you know best as always.
Not his opinion.

Andone moved out by GPott = Boooo.
Connolly kept by GPott = Cheer.

Switch the scenario and it would be 'I hope Connolly stays in Spain'.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Andone is the best PL striker we've acquired since promotion to the Payola league.

He may have a foil thin hand grenade temperment . . . But a good manager can deal with that.
So how's he doing at Cadiz then? ........... or on his previous loans. Must be some really crap managers out there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’d be more worried that Cadiz don’t want him and have been threatening to terminate the loan deal than worrying about what wages they might be offering him. Normally when a loan to buy deal is agreed it means the player is open to the move permanently so will be fully aware of what the potential wages are etc and personal terms may already be agreed in that respect.

I'd give that a thumbs up for being a decent response - thanks btw - but it seems a bit perverse to give a thumbs up for what is essentially bad news!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
So how's he doing at Cadiz then? ........... or on his previous loans. Must be some really crap managers out there.

He’s only had 1 loan to Galatasary. He suffered a major knee injury November which ruled him out for a lot of the first half of the season. Was just getting back to fitness when their league was suspended for covid. He then suffered another knee injury in the second game back when the league recommenced in June. This ruled him out till April 2021 when he made an appearance for the U23s which lasted just 14 mins. Bloke must have smashed quite a few mirrors for this much bad luck.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Connolly 5 in 45 in senior matches.

Andone 4 in 26

But you know best as always.

I do.

Maupay is better.

But you are right a good manager can deal with him - Alvaro Cervera put him on the bench or in the stands.

Gets a golden opportunity to work himself back into football, gets to start in a game, goes to a night club, gets hammered, smokes and gets into a fight and since then he has 19 minutes in La Liga.

Not his opinion.

Andone moved out by GPott = Boooo.
Connolly kept by GPott = Cheer.

Switch the scenario and it would be 'I hope Connolly stays in Spain'.

Yup that must be it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s only had 1 loan to Galatasary. He suffered a major knee injury November which ruled him out for a lot of the first half of the season. Was just getting back to fitness when their league was suspended for covid. He then suffered another knee injury in the second game back when the league recommenced in June. This ruled him out till April 2021 when he made an appearance for the U23s which lasted just 14 mins. Bloke must have smashed quite a few mirrors for this much bad luck.

OK, point taken. Still think the sooner we get him off the books the better. The lad's made his fortune - write it off as a deal that didn't work out. Shame - I really thought he might turn out a bit useful.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
OK, point taken. Still think the sooner we get him off the books the better. The lad's made his fortune - write it off as a deal that didn't work out. Shame - I really thought he might turn out a bit useful.

It’s unlikely to work out for him here, which is a shame. He’s Maupay on steroids when it comes to being a shithouse, but he only cost us £5 million (yes plus wages I know) and he did give us that goal against Palace so will always be a bit of a cult hero in my eyes. At least our first attempt to sign him didn’t come off or he’d have cost us Locadia and Ali J money.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Yes. Yes there are.

How come he made an impact under CH and then went down hill . . . Lots of factors, but there's a capable player with a winning attitude there. . . . . Maybe thats the problem? Too much attitude?

I don't know the answer and am rapidly losing the will to give a shit, lifes too short and I've better things to do. Unlike Swanshit.

Score goals and win games . . . Thats what we need and want. Otherwise, what is the point?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes. Yes there are.

How come he made an impact under CH and then went down hill . . . Lots of factors, but there's a capable player with a winning attitude there. . . . . Maybe thats the problem? Too much attitude?

I don't know the answer and am rapidly losing the will to give a shit, lifes too short and I've better things to do. Unlike Swanshit.

Score goals and win games . . . Thats what we need and want. Otherwise, what is the point?
I might be wrong Andone played away at Spurs in the anti football match, played his heart out broke a few times and actually looked a player, CH took him off. He was so pissed off getting subbed in that game he seemed to give up after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here