Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 11 mins added on

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Should have been 20 minutes.

Wolves cynical timewasting that the ref was completely unable to control.

It will never happen but they should play on and allow physios freedom to come on to the pitch and attend to genuinely stricken players. Would stop fake injuries completely as no possible advantage to be gained.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Should have been 20 minutes.

Wolves cynical timewasting that the ref was completely unable to control.

It will never happen but they should play on and allow physios freedom to come on to the pitch and attend to genuinely stricken players. Would stop fake injuries completely as no possible advantage to be gained.

Absolutely pathetic last night, 1 player managed to roll back onto the pitch to stop the game and another even walked 2 or 3 yards to get back on. If a player is genuinely injured he cannot recover as quick as they do. I think if the physio is required the player should leave the pitch for 5 minutes, if a head injury, 10 minutes. This suggestion is for the welfare of the player, and to stop the blatant cheating.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
They did it against Citeh but ultimately got rumbled. With a crap ref they simply got away with it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Their number 5 received treatment four times I think and each time the ref just waved him straight back on. Ref should have forced him to stay off the pitch for longer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Their number 5 received treatment four times I think and each time the ref just waved him straight back on. Ref should have forced him to stay off the pitch for longer.

Think the answer is they have to stay off for as long as they receive treatment for. If it takes them 3 minutes they shouldn't be allowed to come straight back on.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I'd like to see automatic yellows for players who come back onto the field and cause a stoppage in play in the way the player did last night. Absolutely should not be allowed to happen.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Couldn't believe he didn't know the rules when he made him leave the pitch after Bissouma's foul, absolute basics. Thought he was hideously out of his depth and that shit with his mic was unbelievable, completely ruined the flow of the 2nd half.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Couldn't believe he didn't know the rules when he made him leave the pitch after Bissouma's foul, absolute basics. Thought he was hideously out of his depth and that shit with his mic was unbelievable, completely ruined the flow of the 2nd half.

The basics being what? He wasn't fouled by Biss, the foul was given for Biss' next challenge

boik

Most of these suggestions to cut down on time wasting end up punishing a team if their player is genuinely injured, which should never be the case if they're on the receiving end of a foul.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
They did it against Citeh but ultimately got rumbled. With a crap ref they simply got away with it.

I think the Wolves players took advantage of the ref's inexperience and exploited it to their advantage.

All that obsessing over his headset was a bit embarrassing for him to. I have reffed 200-300 games in my time and managed to do so without looking like somebody from a 1980s telephone exchange. He should have got both managers and captains to agree to continue without his headset and got on with it.

Having said that, we could still be playing now and still be goalless

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Most of these suggestions to cut down on time wasting end up punishing a team if their player is genuinely injured, which should never be the case if they're on the receiving end of a foul.

I have long advocated that a player requiring treatment for an injury arising from a challenge for which the referee has awarded them a free kick should NOT be required to leave the pitch after being treated.

So simple. So obvious. Won't happen

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think the Wolves players took advantage of the ref's inexperience and exploited it to their advantage.

All that obsessing over his headset was a bit embarrassing for him to. I have reffed 200-300 games in my time and managed to do so without looking like somebody from a 1980s telephone exchange. He should have got both managers and captains to agree to continue without his headset and got on with it.

Having said that, we could still be playing now and still be goalless

Yes they did take advantage of the fact it was his first premier league match. Unfortunately we did not. We are to nice for our own good

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Which he was booked for, yet the ref still made him leave the pitch after treatment.

Bliss made two challenges in quick succession, the second was a foul for which he was booked. The first caused the injury so he had to leave the pitch.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I don’t understand why they don’t just stop the clock when the ball isn’t in play. Would solve all the problems. No stoppage time. Just stop the clock. And restart it as soon as the ball is in play again. Then you get 90 minutes of football. Rather than 60. And unjustified time added on like this one. 11 minutes when the ref was out of commission for over 15 and not even considering the other stoppages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here