Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Level

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
It was poor tonight but for well discussed reasons. To be honest I thought there were some positives from tonight namely Richards and erm, well not much else. Also, Wolves were good, not so much in the first half but very much so in then second. But, THIS IS OUR LEVEL. Sorry, pressed the caps key by mistake, but this is our level. We will win games occasionally, draw games more and lose games even more. With this squad, on this budget, for now this is our level. REJOICE! Sorry, happened again, Thank Clapton that this is our level and not mid-table in L1.

Dec 29, 2011
It was poor tonight but for well discussed reasons. To be honest I thought there were some positives from tonight namely Richards and erm, well not much else. Also, Wolves were good, not so much in the first half but very much so in then second. But, THIS IS OUR LEVEL. Sorry, pressed the caps key by mistake, but this is our level. We will win games occasionally, draw games more and lose games even more. With this squad, on this budget, for now this is our level. REJOICE! Sorry, happened again, Thank Clapton that this is our level and not mid-table in L1.

We spent almost £50m in the summer. I'm a firm believer in the direction of the club, but using the 'budget' excuse is getting tired.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gus? Is that you?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
We spent almost £50m in the summer. I'm a firm believer in the direction of the club, but using the 'budget' excuse is getting tired.

The wage budget of clubs is one of the best predictors of league position. I’m sure our wage budget is bottom 6 (but please correct me if I’m wrong), therefore anything above bottom 6 is punching above our weight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

netspend.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
11th in the spending charts this year after being even higher last season I believe.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes.

Selling players frequently impacts the squad strength as well so I dont see why net wouldnt tell a decent story of how the club "strengthened" its squad compared to other teams.

Because we sold a defender for that money. Defence clearly isn't the problem. Our 3 best ones are all out and we still did pretty well at the back tonight.

It's at the other end of the pitch we've been god awful for as long as I can remember

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yes.

Selling players frequently impacts the squad strength as well so I dont see why net wouldnt tell a decent story of how the club "strengthened" its squad compared to other teams.

That has nothing to do with the post you quoted. If you want to go down that route then we signed more players than we sold so our net wages almost certainly went up. The reality is we do spend money. We are one of the most aggressive teams when it comes to signing younger players. Of which very few have made any real contribution. We could’ve spent that money elsewhere.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We don't seem to be winning games even occasionally at the moment, believe that's ten without a win now! Obviously the squad are in a very tough place atm but I really didn't think Wolves were any great shakes, we gifted them a simple goal just before half time and they spurned several presentable chances in the 2nd.

My real concern is that we don't seem to be able to shake off this slow, pedestrian passing out from the back tactic for large periods of all game recently. I think most realistic BHAFC fans knew our best hope was a 0-0 tonight as we weren't scoring if we played all night.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because we sold a defender for that money. Defence clearly isn't the problem. Our 3 best ones are all out and we still did pretty well at the back tonight.

It's at the other end of the pitch we've been god awful for as long as I can remember

I miss Ben White's passing skills every single game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes.

if we had not sold a top defender we might have been able to cover missing Dunk, Webster and Duffy better....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would like to be a fly on the wall of the training sessions to see how much time is spent on passing , scoring goals , taking set pieces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here