Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giving up my season ticket.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
After 28 years, I'm finally giving up my season ticket next season. Not felt the same, the last 2 years.
Not sure if it's covid or our sanitised support since promotion. I'm currently enjoying watching non league footie and getting so much more enjoyment than the amex.

Just wondering is it just me? Is the the premier league that ?

8 of us have season tickets and 5 of us feel the same. Is the shift changing to a few pints at your local footie club?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
A home win or a 3 PM kick off would change your mind.
However both are a rare commodity these days.
Let's see what Santa brings.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Outside Toilets
Fish and Chips in newspaper
Three TV Channels
White dog poo
Shops closed Wednesday afternoon
Wimpy
Smoking in restaurants
The Two Ronnies
etc...

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
After 28 years, I'm finally giving up my season ticket next season. Not felt the same, the last 2 years.
Not sure if it's covid or our sanitised support since promotion. I'm currently enjoying watching non league footie and getting so much more enjoyment than the amex.

8 of us have season tickets and 5 of us feel the same. Is the shift changing to a few pints at your local footie club?

100 per cent understand this . I was so desperate to get into the premier league but last few seasons boring and I miss the away days at proper grounds scoring goals and the buzz haven’t felt it last few years
Lots of my friends feel the same so not just you
A loss used to ruin my night , weekend or week now it’s just a shrug of the shoulders

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

I know the feeling and prefer the away games now where we generate a proper atmosphere.
Home games feel like a duty now sadly and I'm thinking of cherry picking next season instead of laying out for silly o'clock kick offs for months on end.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Personally think Potter never fires up the players he’s an academy manager as long as we string a few passes together he’s won in his mind. All of this makes it a dull watch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Top flouncing

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’ve been feeling like that since we got up. I go to most away games which I think are more fun but it really isn’t a patch on the lower leagues.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whilst I see your point, the timing after a loss, no wins in 11, etc might not be the best time to make up your mind. I can't beat the euphoria of watching the Albion win, no matter how many Seaford Town or Newhaven games I go to.

Seeing us beat Liverpool, Man City, etc - it is beyond my wildest dreams. Things right now are pretty grim, but surely those moments of magic make it all worthwhile.

And at least we aren't Norwich.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
£40 down the drain too. Southern rail be shite and a cab here. Better off in my local or staying at home. Had a chest infection the last 10 days and went. Waste of precious money and health probably.

Jan 30, 2008

No it's not just you , spoke to a friend today who said the last time he went to the Amex he couldn't wait to get out due to the crap atmosphere and all that

Regards
DF

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Outside Toilets
Fish and Chips in newspaper
Three TV Channels
White dog poo
Shops closed Wednesday afternoon
Wimpy
Smoking in restaurants
The Two Ronnies
etc...

A little dismissive. I think the problem is that the PL generates such expectation that it is difficult to satisfy. Does seem strange timing to give up a ST after the start to the season we had but it is easily forgotten.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m very close to giving up, I don’t want to but the lack of home 3pm kick offs this season isn’t helping.
I’ve been going to non league games for many years and definitely enjoy just nipping out on a Saturday afternoon to watch a match without worrying about trains etc.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Top flouncing

I thought we were heading towards one. However..

A good point is made. I follow non-league football as much as league these days. It is a nice experience.

Albion in the Premier League has lost its glamour. Sometimes the searching for the Holy Grail is better than the finding.

Not many have said as much. But the Non league thread has 1200 entries and 81000 views now. Shows that folk are wanting to stay in touch with the roots.

One of the biggest issues is the lack of 3pm starts now. Folk still want footie to be as it was. And the lower leagues give that opportunity. It's about the experience as much as the game.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Not enough mindless violence in the stands, outside the stadium and back in town -- you know, 'passion'.
That's what made football great -- and it's all gone now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d like to.

I go for family.

Covid hasn’t given me doubts, Lockdown 1 was a blessing with a closed zzzzz Amex.

It’s the EPL and lower budget Brighton. Our home win % over the 5 seasons must be shocking, not to mention the amount of games with a lack of goals.

I’m old school, I go to football to see a win, with a fair wind.

I don’t give a toss about:
- the EPL music and plinth they take the ball from.
- drinking pints from plastic beakers in a breeze block concourse, doesn’t do it for me. I prefer pub, restaurant or home drinking.
- can’t stand Ronaldo and Chelsea. As a Brighton fan, why would I get a boner about seeing them?

I sometimes envy the supporters of clubs like Posh. A terraced end, going into each home game with a real chance of a win and goals. That’s football for me.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not enough [strike]mindless violence in the stands, outside the stadium, and back in town[/strike] passion.
That's what made football great -- and it's all gone now.

PPF has his tissues out after reading this one. A different kind of woosh.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I gave my season ticket up a few years before Amex was finished, life/family and other hobbies . . . . As time went by I/we considered it, but frankly now it's the last thing I'd waste my money on. Sad to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here