Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley v Watford OFF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think I heard Leicester have nine out but have been refused permission to postpone their game.

Which points to the Premier League playing hardball and doing all they can to make a fixture go ahead as schedule. Almost as if they can see what is coming...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A club need to be brave enough to play the U23s and say that's all we had available, Then the PL may actually so something rather than looking to not refund TV money and other income,

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Did the Premier League not have a meeting like yesterday to put new COVID plans in place? Because it seems like a bit of a shambles.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A club need to be brave enough to play the U23s and say that's all we had available, Then the PL may actually so something rather than looking to not refund TV money and other income,

Doesn’t that risk spreading the virus into the U23 squads ? Football (along with everyone else) just needs to start taking responsible decisions. I’ve just read that Spurs want their game called off so they can fly to France and play their game against Rennes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59672603

Self interest is the only thing governing decision making.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s the inconsistency which is the issue. Why are some games off but not others when Covid seems to be striking all over the place?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The only Premier League match I haven't got a bet on tonight so no hassle.

Feel for the Watford fans that were heading up to Burnley though. Wasted time and money at a very difficult time of year.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is playing ****ing havoc with my Fantasy Football

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think I heard Leicester have nine out but have been refused permission to postpone their game.

Which points to the Premier League playing hardball and doing all they can to make a fixture go ahead as schedule. Almost as if they can see what is coming...

Football authorities reading the mood of the country again :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here