Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aguero forced to retire

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Best striker the PL has seen

I think he played restricted a lot of the time through injuries as well

Disagree. There are somewhere around five strikers I'd rate above him.

Sad he'll have to end his career but I wont miss him as a footballer.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Now, where were those goals per minute ratio stats I was looking for? :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Best striker the PL has seen

I think he played restricted a lot of the time through injuries as well

Defo top ten best strikers , and may have been top three if he’d been consistently injury-free.
He certainly enjoyed playing for dominant teams.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wonder if he regrets the whole farce at Barcelona and given his time again might call it a day at the end of last season for City?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wonder if he regrets the whole farce at Barcelona and given his time again might call it a day at the end of last season for City?

He’s biggest regret maybe not getting to finish back at Independiente

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I think he needs to be ranked as one of the top goalscorers in PL history, certainly top five. Worth mentioning that Dunk indicated that he was the most difficult opposition striker to play against.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Disagree. There are somewhere around five strikers I'd rate above him.

Sad he'll have to end his career but I wont miss him as a footballer.

I’m guessing you’re thinking:

Shearer
Rooney
Henry
Brolin
Kane

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That's sad. I heard he speaks very highly of you.

I'm sure he percieves me as THE MAIN ****GING GOD OF THE PLANET: My problem is that I see him a little bit of a dullard. He can score all the tap-ins in the world and that is obviously good, obviously quality. But I've always been into the Bergkamp kind of players who learnt shit on the streets and may not be optimal footblallers but always exciting and unpredictive. Comparing the two, Augero produces more points, scores more goals... yet Bergkamp is my man, gave me something different in most games he played.

In the long run Aguero will be forgetten, as a poacher, the same way Van Nistelrooy is exiting memories.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm sure he percieves me as THE MAIN ****GING GOD OF THE PLANET: My problem is that I see him a little bit of a dullard. He can score all the tap-ins in the world and that is obviously good, obviously quality. But I've always been into the Bergkamp kind of players who learnt shit on the streets and may not be optimal footblallers but always exciting and unpredictive. Comparing the two, Augero produces more points, scores more goals... yet Bergkamp is my man, gave me something different in most games he played.

In the long run Aguero will be forgetten, as a poacher, the same way Van Nistelrooy is exiting memories.

I think you're being exceptionally harsh on Aguero. Personally, I think he's one of the finest finishers and most reliable strikers of the Premier League era. Van Nistelrooy was an incredible finisher, but Aguero is a much better player and took far fewer penalties. I think Aguero will be remembered as one of the absolute greats of the Premier League era.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Wow... huge huge disagree. Aguero could score from anywhere... Are you forgetting that he was at City for years and years before Pep arrived? He even put one in the top bin from outside the box ... against brighton.

I mean just watch this video Sky put out:

https://youtu.be/3kwIN4RKfXg

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He scored over 20 in 5 consecutive season with Shearer and Henry … That’ll do for my top 3

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We talk about money ruining football, and the premier league not being what it was, and so on. But then you think about his goal against QPR that denied Man Utd the title int he last few seconds; one of the most non-Albion exhilarating moments I've seen in football - and you realise that despite everything that is wrong with the game, the sheer excitement that underpins it all is still there. He'll not be forgotten, if only for that one moment alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here