Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking in Lewes for Wolves game

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’m planning on using the Lewes station carpark this evening but can anyone help me by telling me if this a realistic option at around 6pm? Or would I be better off heading to another carpark in Lewes?

Genuine thanks in advance for any help / advice. I rarely get to games and am bringing my son so would rather not spend ages looking for a space if a brisk walk to the station from a carpark a little further away is a better option.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m planning on using the Lewes station carpark this evening but can anyone help me by telling me if this a realistic option at around 6pm? Or would I be better off heading to another carpark in Lewes?

Genuine thanks in advance for any help / advice. I rarely get to games and am bringing my son so would rather not spend ages looking for a space if a brisk walk to the station from a carpark a little further away is a better option.

Station car park can be a bit of a ballache to get in and out of at times due to the single lane entry/exit…….I find it better to use one of the car parks in, say, North St (Spring Gardens for example - if full, there is another a little further down the road) if you don’t mind a short stroll (10 mins max). Also quicker to get in and out of town as you avoid all the lights.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Station car park can be a bit of a ballache to get in and out of at times due to the single lane entry/exit…….I find it better to use one of the car parks in, say, North St if you don’t mind a short stroll (10 mins max). Also quicker to get in and out of town as you avoid all the lights.

Thanks Daz. That’s appreciated. I’ve used North St before and it was fine Fortunately, the last time I used it the pay machines had been suspended so it was free. Do you know if it is card payment or will I require a pocket full of loose change? (Apologies for the questions but I won’t have time to faff about so trying to get organised in advance).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks Daz. That’s appreciated. I’ve used North St before and it was fine Fortunately, the last time I used it the pay machines had been suspended so it was free. Do you know if it is card payment or will I require a pocket full of loose change? (Apologies for the questions but I won’t have time to faff about so trying to get organised in advance).

Free after 5pm anyway I think

https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking...s/?arriving=202112150830&leaving=202112151030

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I think they are free after 5pm or maybe 6pm, unless it's changed recently

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Loads of free on street parking after 6pm

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Loads of free on street parking after 6pm

Thanks [MENTION=1426]The Wookiee[/MENTION]. Any recommendations re: good places to head to for free on street parking if needed? Don't want to inadvertently get a ticket or piss off residents.

Happy Exile

NSC Patreon
Apr 19, 2018
I've sometimes parked by the Grange for evening games, it's pretty much next to the station and often plenty of spaces on the road, have a check but I think free from 6pm.

Jul 7, 2003
Other Lewes option is to park near the bus station (Eastgate or East St car parks will be free) and then get the bus in from outside Waitrose.

You could park at County Hall but I believe the buses are sometimes full by the time they get there.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Thanks [MENTION=1426]The Wookiee[/MENTION]. Any recommendations re: good places to head to for free on street parking if needed? Don't want to inadvertently get a ticket or piss off residents.

Not sure of the name of the road but if you drive past the station southwards, turn right at the roundabout and anywhere along that road

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Can’t you get one of the fire helicopters to drop you at the ground and pick you up afterwards?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
There's sometimes spaces in the car park at the Dripping Pan if you get there early enough. This is free after 6pm. But free parking in Lewes for evening games within a few minutes walk to the station is pretty straightforward.
There are multiple car parks, and on street parking spaces.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here