Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Wolves

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Wednesday 15th December 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 GMT
Referee: Tony Harrington
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: David Coote
VAR: Craig Pawson
Additional VAR: Stuart Burt

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Shane Duffy is suspended as a result of accumulating five yellow cards this season.

Leandro Trossard has swiftly overcome an injury and Adam Lallana could be involved but at least three unnamed Albion players have tested positive for Covid-19.

Wolves forward Raul Jimenez serves a one-match ban after being sent off against Manchester City last Saturday.

Head coach Bruno Lage confirmed none of his squad currently have coronavirus.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Morgan Gibbs-White scored a last-minute winner for Wolves in May to end a run of four straight draws in this fixture.
    [*=left]Wolves are vying to earn consecutive league victories against Brighton for the first time.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are unbeaten in all six top-flight meetings at home, winning the first four and drawing the two most recent games.
Albion

• [*=left]Albion have equalled the club record of 10 top-flight matches without a win, though eight were drawn.
    [*=left]Only the current top three sides have lost fewer Premier League fixtures than Brighton this season.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored just six league goals at home in 2021-22, averaging less than a goal a game at the Amex Stadium for the first time within a top-flight season.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay, who has scored 89th and 98th-minute equalisers in Brighton's past two fixtures, is two shy of moving alongside Glenn Murray as the club's 26-goal leading Premier League scorer.
Wolves

• [*=left]They could equal a club top-flight record of five consecutive games without scoring, which last happened in September 2003.
    [*=left]Bruno Lage's side have only had 10 shots or more in three of their past 11 league fixtures. They mustered just five goal attempts across their last two games combined.
    [*=left]Wolves failed to score in all seven Premier League defeats so far this season.
    [*=left]Their only victory in nine Premier League away matches on a Wednesday came at Anfield 11 years ago (D3, L5).

Graham Potter's Wolves Press Conference

[tweet]1471185790764032003[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1471185790764032003

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3 points against the Wolfs please lads, no excuses.

Other than Veltman hasn't trained and Steele has transferred Sanchez out of his Fantasy team.
On top of all the other excuses.

'dont do a The Leeds from last night against Wolves tonight, despite the excuses'.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
These are an ok side.

Decided I’m going to go tonight and thinking this is a game will win tonight to break the sequence.

3-0 to the Albion with a Connolly Brace (lump on)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is Traore available? I hate it when he plays against us

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
These are an ok side.

Decided I’m going to go tonight and thinking this is a game will win tonight to break the sequence.

3-0 to the Albion with a Connolly Brace (lump on)

Can I have what your on please…..

I do hope your right, until I see the team sheet, I’m sorry I can’t get excited.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
3 points against the Wolfs please lads, no excuses.

There is every excuse for losing tonight, with our defence torn apart by the absence of Captain Dunk , Duffy and Webster…. Plus the unknown covid victims. Can a makeshift defence keep the Wolves from the door? We will have to see.
They are a strong side although perhaps not as good as they were under Nuno
Hard to predict a victory here but support anyway…..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I really can't be bothered with tonight. I can't make it and I fully understand anyone not wanting to go. With our injuries and covid list it should be postponed but it won't be because we're not Spurs.

Take the defeat and move on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Relying on our superb history against Wolves to pull us through tonight.
0-0 lump on.

And yes I will be there - probably finding out it's cancelled as I board the near empty train to Falmer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really can't be bothered with tonight. I can't make it and I fully understand anyone not wanting to go. With our injuries and covid list it should be postponed but it won't be because we're not Spurs.

Take the defeat and move on.

Do the Albion want is called off though? I have heard zero calls from them

Not going myself as I am desperate to minimise the chances of getting Covid mainly because I want Xmas with my family this year. I was about to sign up for BT Sport for a month but hesitated in case tonight is called off and I doubt that the United game (also on BT Sport) will be going ahead. I’ll leave it until near to kick off

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Difficult to know what to expect, you’d have to put Wolves as favourites though given our depleted squad. We’ll see.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do the Albion want is called off though? I have heard zero calls from them

Not going myself as I am desperate to minimise the chances of getting Covid mainly because I want Xmas with my family this year. I was about to sign up for BT Sport for a month but hesitated in case tonight is called off and I doubt that the United game (also on BT Sport) will be going ahead. I’ll leave it until near to kick off

I suspect we have a plan, and I suspect it's a plan that's about one positive LFT from disaster.

Free hit for the man Potter tonight though. Extract ANYTHING from tonight (yes, even another 0-0 or 1-1 draw) and it's probably a better result than drawing away to Liverpool.

Good point re Xmas. I expect the stadium will be about half full

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You can see it now - big queues to get in, 3-0
Down at half time, boooooooooo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here