Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal strip Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of captaincy

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think I'd just about take him over Locadia if he wants to get his career back on track? Wouldn't displace Connolly though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wll I suppose if EVER capt Dunk acted up, similar to that Arsenal chap, I'm sure GP would strip him of his stripes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Decent player, in the main.

Seems to be a bit of a knob with it though.

It's a shame Arsenal have never had the previous experience of over-paying a player and seeing what that does to the player and his relationship with the rest of the squad. I'm sure they'd have learned from previous mistakes if they had.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Waiting for Piers M Organ to come on social media, to defend the Arsenal way :facepalm:

Allegedly PEA is a Spanish tattoo fan :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Aubameyang, who is paid £1 million / month, has just released a short statement:

":shrug:"

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
£300 000 a week, club captain and after being given permission to return to France to collect his Mum he ignores the instruction to be back on the right day for the team's next training session.

Apart from the cost and his lack of discipline why not give him a go?

He's going to end up as another Ozil with a contract he won't get matched elsewhere. Arsenal are stuck with him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think there is a bit more to it than being reported.

- He had authorisation to fly to France to get his mum and fly her over
- He arrived back late (on a private jet)
- He also did not perform the required Day 2 tests as he 'did not know' - and turned up to the training ground having done so. It sounds like he thought he had dispensation like they do when travelling to Europe for games etc.

Sounds like bit of a nob

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He was a crap choice of captain anyway. If I recall, he was given the captaincy as part of a push to get him to sign a new contract because he was making eyes elsewhere. Just add him to the long line of Arsenal players given long term, massive contracts to fix short term issues.

I think the rule of "if a player wants to leave, don't make them captain" usually works. I think there's also a difference between "agitating for a move" i.e. Aubameyang and "open to a move". I know Dunk was allegedly looking to move on at some point, but as far as I'm aware, his commitment to keeping doing it on the field for us and leading by example has never waned.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think there is a bit more to it than being reported.

- He had authorisation to fly to France to get his mum and fly her over
- He arrived back late (on a private jet)
- He also did not perform the required Day 2 tests as he 'did not know' - and turned up to the training ground having done so. It sounds like he thought he had dispensation like they do when travelling to Europe for games etc.

Sounds like bit of a nob

Right man in the right club. Same levels of competence and organisation. Probably only stripped him his captain role so they can make him the manager or director of football instead.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not mentioned by callers to Talkshite - Gabriel, Smith-Rowe, Tierney, Saka, but no calls for White.

It will be whoever they perceive as most likely to otherwise demand a transfer to a bigger club

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not mentioned by callers to Talkshite - Gabriel, Smith-Rowe, Tierney, Saka, but no calls for White.

Martin Keown said Ben White, Ramsdale, Tierney.... Ben White doesn't strike me as captain material

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
32, disgruntled and wage-sensitive. China beckons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here