Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Wednesday evening a miss

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
With the obvious increase of Covid cases due to Omicron, who is thinking of not going on Wednesday?
I am double jabbed and boosted, but am on the vulnerable list.
Personally, I have to sit on a ST coach for 50 minutes both ways as well as endure the queue for the Upper East loos and fight my way past the queues for the bar which blocks the depth of the concourse.
Family are all coming for Christmas eve and Christmas day, and after last years Xmas was cancelled (thanks Bungle***t) I do not want to risk catching anything that is going to ruin this year.
So Happy Xmas all of you that are brave enough, stay safe and see you in the New Year

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I won’t be, saving myself for a family Xmas hopefully and avoiding any unnecessary crowded places. I think it’ll be called off anyway though

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
With the obvious increase of Covid cases due to Omicron, who is thinking of not going on Wednesday?
I am double jabbed and boosted, but am on the vulnerable list.
Personally, I have to sit on a ST coach for 50 minutes both ways as well as endure the queue for the Upper East loos and fight my way past the queues for the bar which blocks the depth of the concourse.
Family are all coming for Christmas eve and Christmas day, and after last years Xmas was cancelled (thanks Bungle***t) I do not want to risk catching anything that is going to ruin this year.
So Happy Xmas all of you that are brave enough, stay safe and see you in the New Year

Enjoy , hopefully see you in the new year

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll go if it's on, but...

- I'm driving.
- I'll mask up.
- I'll go straight to my seat.
- I'll not have a drink in order to negate the need to go to the gents.

I'm also triple-jabbed AND have a recent prior infection, so I'm about as super-powered, immunity-wise, as it's possible to be right now, but I completely understand and sympathise with those who give it a miss.

I'd like to see the club take the concourses out of action. Go straight to your seat when you enter the ground, use the concourses only for access to the loos.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm still going on the basis that I fully expect games to be behind closed doors very shortly, so want to see as many as I can before being left watching from home.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'll go if it's on, but...

- I'm driving.
- I'll mask up.
- I'll go straight to my seat.
- I'll not have a drink in order to negate the need to go to the gents.

I'm also triple-jabbed AND have a recent prior infection, so I'm about as super-powered, immunity-wise, as it's possible to be right now, but I completely understand and sympathise with those who give it a miss.

I'd like to see the club take the concourses out of action. Go straight to your seat when you enter the ground, use the concourses only for access to the loos.

Good shout, they should close the concessions, and make everyone wear a mask when they get on the train and when they enter the stadium!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I expect a few more cases confirmed tomorrow and the game cancelled before Wolverhampton make the journey south.

Having said that, I would not be surprised if we get told by the powers that be, we must play the game...

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
It’s more the likelihood of not seeing a win or a goal other than a penalty that is putting me off a 350 mile round trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I wasn’t going (childcare issues) and had relisted my ticket on the exchange, however I’ve just taken it off the exchange as I know it’s not going to sell and If the game doesn’t go ahead I don’t want to find myself not being entitled to the ticket for the re-arranged fixture like those who used the sharing system for the Spurs game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm still going on the basis that I fully expect games to be behind closed doors very shortly, so want to see as many as I can before being left watching from home.

My reasoning too. But I half expect it to be off anyway

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I thought long about going but with a heavy heart I've decided to avoid all hospitality and maskless indoor areas until the Omicron wave has passed through.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Mrs Hamilton has gone down with it, so I won't be attending. Know others who aren't attending for similar reasons as those given above. And, it's on the telly isn't it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mrs Hamilton has gone down with it, so I won't be attending. Know others who aren't attending for similar reasons as those given above. And, it's on the telly isn't it?

Yep - BT Sport are showing all 10 fixtures (or those that go ahead) over the three nights.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I am thinking of not going. I am triple jabbed but an hour each way in the ST bus from Seaford, crowded West Lower concourse is making me nervous. Now in my 80th year also makes me think it is not worth it. However, come Wednesday afternoon, assuming game on, the buzz to go to a live game may say let's go.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Do we imagine that this is a precursor to a mid-winter break for all top flight football? Given that Covid will be around now and there is the Qatar Finals coming up, might we see the fixture list permanently changed so that teams have a month off? And it we did, would it be the end of the League Cup for Premier League teams?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I’m undecided

Double jabbed
Booster booked

Planning on seeing vulnerable family member on Saturday

Can someone make a decision for me?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m undecided

Double jabbed
Booster booked

Planning on seeing vulnerable family member on Saturday

Can someone make a decision for me?

Well, your booster isn't active for two weeks, so if you're concerned for yourself then give it a swerve.
If you are concerned for others, give it a swerve
If you are concerned, but can act sensibly, then wear a mask, don't hang around the concourse, get a lift to the ground or walk, and go.

That's my view. Don't know if it helps.

However, football matches have tended to be the places where I've seen the least sensible behaviour when it comes to transmission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here