Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like Putin is engineering a crisis that will require a further illegal venture in to the Ukraine.... will it be before crimbo ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like Putin is engineering a crisis that will require a further illegal venture in to the Ukraine.... will it be before crimbo ?

It will cost him cheese exports and pork markets as Bombardier Truss is on the case.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ukraine want to play the match at the end of Jan but Putin says some of his players have Covid so has insisted on a delay.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As long as NATO wants to build military bases on Russias neighbouring countries, Russia will try to control those neighbouring countries.

Quite normal. I'm willing to bet the UK would do similar if Ireland and Russia one day suddenly became best friends and Russia wanted to put a big fat military base with nukes and stuff in Dublin.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Don't Forget China v Taiwan !

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, all these World War Three Qualifying Group games happening soon (Israel v Iran, Taiwan v China, Ukraine v Russia), any idea when our first one is? Think we might have France soon, and there's always a chance of resurrecting our local derby v Ireland.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christmas Eve is my guess, something usually shitty happens just before Christmas.
Is it POTG.

I know that some of his posts can be a little outré, but I feel that your're being a little harsh on this occasion ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As long as NATO wants to build military bases on Russias neighbouring countries, Russia will try to control those neighbouring countries.

Quite normal. I'm willing to bet the UK would do similar if Ireland and Russia one day suddenly became best friends and Russia wanted to put a big fat military base with nukes and stuff in Dublin.

If Russia want to go in and sort out the Protestant intransigent bigots and the Catholic intransigent bigots in Ireland, good luck to 'em!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Not surprised at Putin’s strategy - Russia has only been invaded from the west so he will play on that paranoia with his domestic audience. The world is a dangerous place. In addition to the other conflicts mentioned earlier there’s the Koreas, India v Pakistan and the Old Firm derby. The latter is on my bucket list along with Milan and Rome and if I survive those, the derbies in Turkey, Greece and Argentina.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Russia seized those countries in 1945, putting up the Iron Curtain as Churchill referred to it.
NATO membership was/is voluntary, whereas the Warsaw Pact countries had no choice. Berlin was divided in two, surrounded by East Germany, which resulted in the Berlin airlift in 1948. It got slightly less tense in 53 when Stalin died.
Those countries like Ukraine want to remain independent, so have asked NATO to protect them from Putin.

When Glastnost happened it seemed the world was safer and happier, but it didn’t last.

Reactions: W3D

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Russia seized those countries in 1945, putting up the Iron Curtain as Churchill referred to it.
NATO membership was/is voluntary, whereas the Warsaw Pact countries had no choice. Berlin was divided in two, surrounded by East Germany, which resulted in the Berlin airlift in 1948. It got slightly less tense in 53 when Stalin died.
Those countries like Ukraine want to remain independent, so have asked NATO to protect them from Putin.

When Glastnost happened it seemed the world was safer and happier, but it didn’t last.

History doesnt start or end in 1945.

Voluntary or not, nations dont want enemy empires building military bases on their borders and are going to attempt to stop it. If Russia build military bases in Canada and Mexico through voluntary agreements, the US would intervene. If Russia would build military bases in Ireland, you'd think about intervening. And when the Western empire wants to build military bases in Ukraine and other countries bordering to Russia, they are likely to intervene one way or another. That anyone would give a shit about what Ukraine wants is a Western propaganda construction - it is, as always, about expanding territories and controlling natural resources. Its like when the US "tried to help the poor people of Tibet" - once they realised they couldnt (through supporting Tibetan independence movements) destabilise the Chinese government, it couldnt give a shit about what happened to Tibet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
History doesnt start or end in 1945.

Voluntary or not, nations dont want enemy empires building military bases on their borders and are going to attempt to stop it. If Russia build military bases in Canada and Mexico through voluntary agreements, the US would intervene. If Russia would build military bases in Ireland, you'd think about intervening. And when the Western empire wants to build military bases in Ukraine and other countries bordering to Russia, they are likely to intervene one way or another. That anyone would give a shit about what Ukraine wants is a Western propaganda construction - it is, as always, about expanding territories and controlling natural resources. Its like when the US "tried to help the poor people of Tibet" - once they realised they couldnt (through supporting Tibetan independence movements) destabilise the Chinese government, it couldnt give a shit about what happened to Tibet.

Russia did build a military base in Cuba within missile reach of the USA. I remember it clearly. John Kennedy demanded it was removed, and Kruschev backed down.
There are no missiles in Ukraine.

There was me thinking Swedes were neutrals. Your Finnish neighbours have sense.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Russia did build a military base in Cuba within missile reach of the USA. I remember it clearly. John Kennedy demanded it was removed, and Kruschev backed down.
There are no missiles in Ukraine.

There was me thinking Swedes were neutrals. Your Finnish neighbours have sense.

If the US get what it wants, there will be missiles in Ukraine.

There's no such thing as neutrals. We belong to the Western empire, since long infiltrated by American interests at every level - just like most Western countries. We're only "neutral" on paper, because the by far most influential family in this country likes to sell their shit to anyone who wants it without being tied to any rules. When Soviet looked like the stronger world power, we were cozy with them, now the US looks stronger and we're more cozy with them instead... but we keep our doors open, might want to be very friendly with China soon and then we dont want to be in some official alliance with anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here