Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Shark filmed a week ago of Brighton Beach?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should get rid of a few dryrobe wearers

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
As an aside has anyone seen the London show ' The Shark is Broken ' which is based on the film Jaws and explores the dynamics of the three key actors. Robert Shaw's character Quint is actually played by his real son and my god does he look like him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As an aside has anyone seen the London show ' The Shark is Broken ' which is based on the film Jaws and explores the dynamics of the three key actors. Robert Shaw's character Quint is actually played by his real son and my god does he look like him.

I knew nothing about it until walking past the theatre in question, last week.

I'm certainly interested in any first hand reviews.

Easily a Top 5 parenting highlight was scaring the b'jesus out of Stat Club Jnrs, with the head in the boat. :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I knew nothing about it until walking past the theatre in question, last week.

I'm certainly interested in any first hand reviews.

Easily a Top 5 parenting highlight was scaring the b'jesus out of Stat Club Jnrs, with the head in the boat. :lolol:

Most of the reviews have been very positive.

Absolutely spot on with the scariest bit in the film. When Ben Gardener's head pops out I can recall the whole cinema jumping. The only weak part of of the film is the rather rubbish rubber looking like shark. The other highlight for me is Quints speech about him surviving the sinking of the USS Indianapolis which is of course based on a true event

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
when i was a kid in the sixties I thought there were regular sightings of blue sharks off Brighton....

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've seen basking sharks in two locations, Shoreham harbour west arm 1976 and hove beach behind the King Alfred early nineties. I can also say with 90% ish accuracy, I've seen a porbeagle roughly around the banjo groyne late nineties/early noughties If not a porbeagle, then it was an extremely large smoothhound which would have weighed over 100lb! Blue shark were regular visitors off the palace pier(1/2 mile off) mid seventies.

Went swimming in Seaford today and this fella showed up:moo:

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_123807.jpg
    IMG_20211212_123807.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 135

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Most of the reviews have been very positive.

Absolutely spot on with the scariest bit in the film. When Ben Gardener's head pops out I can recall the whole cinema jumping. The only weak part of of the film is the rather rubbish rubber looking like shark. The other highlight for me is Quints speech about him surviving the sinking of the USS Indianapolis which is of course based on a true event

Went up to see it Friday. Excellent play, very funny, slick performances by all three actors especially Shaw. My God he is an absolute dead ringer for his father both in his looks and that voice. I was expecting Maupay to pop up and place one in the shark in the 98th. I thoroughly recommend the play and it’s refreshing when there are so many musicals taking centre stage at the moment. May I suggest a trip up before theatres are likely shut due to Covid.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Pretty sure that’s by Shaws son isn’t it? Loved Robert Shaw, one of my all time fav actors.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The other highlight for me is Quints speech about him surviving the sinking of the USS Indianapolis which is of course based on a true event

Ah. The oceanic whitetip shark. Probably the biggest killer of humans but never gets the headlines because it lives in the middle of the ocean and only comes into contact with humans during sinkings or shipwrecks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here