Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Plan B details

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19777809.brighton-reveal-three-new-rules-amex-plan-b/

including:

Fans coming to the game must fill in a pre-match online covid registration form, which will be sent before the Wolves match.

Face coverings will be required when travelling to and from the stadium on public transport and when moving around all internal areas of the stadium. We would also strongly recommend they’re worn inside the stadium bowl at all times.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19777809.brighton-reveal-three-new-rules-amex-plan-b/

including:

Fans coming to the game must fill in a pre-match online covid registration form, which will be sent before the Wolves match.

Face coverings will be required when travelling to and from the stadium on public transport and when moving around all internal areas of the stadium. We would also strongly recommend they’re worn inside the stadium bowl at all times.

Yeah but real men who go to see The Albion are completely immune to Covid which only ever happens to other people anyway, and so can completely ignore wearing a mask...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’ll be a sea change. 99.9% non wearing of face masks in ns concourse.

Plus that old ruse, I first saw it in airports Aug 2020, ensure that you always have an item of food or drink to hand ….. then no mask.

I discovered an Easyjet coffee is EXACTLY the right temperature to last from serving to pre-landing announcement between Gatwick and Edinburgh

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sipping, veeeeerrrrrryyyy slowly, the new travelling trend.

LOL. I fell asleep maskless flying to Antigua last month (not deliberately, I had just made the most of the in-flight drinks and was on holiday), never got challenged at all. Had a chat to one of the cabin crew - view was that they weren’t at all bothered, as they knew everyone on the flight was double jabbed and negative PCR tested.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
LOL. I fell asleep maskless flying to Antigua last month (not deliberately, I had just made the most of the in-flight drinks and was on holiday), never got challenged at all. Had a chat to one of the cabin crew - view was that they weren’t at all bothered, as they knew everyone on the flight was double jabbed and negative PCR tested.

Finnair Helsinki-Lapland on Tuesday was a different story.

A brilliant female steward, assertively instructing folk to wear medical standard masks, no please about it. Including the arrogant young lady who tried to ‘keep low so not spotted’, sitting opposite from us. Plus the young Finnish guy with a cloth face covering, she unceremoniously handed him a surgical standard mask.

Everyone with EU or UK full vaccine records to fly.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Amex Plan B thread suddenly turned into an “I’ve been on holiday thread “::):moo:

Never been challenged about wearing one at the Amex either. Interesting to see if it gets enforced. Basically looks like much the same protocols we had with the limited-capacity games.

Might be an issue for anyone who, ahem, doesn’t have the same name as that which is on the ticket (depending on how the pre-match certification works)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One isn’t any different to current ‘rules’
Two…The Argus indicates if a STH just a one off form
Three..on concourse unless eating and drinking ..perhaps they’ll clamp down on that…watching the match, personally no ta

I’ll be optimistic and hope that further measures than the above won’t be necessary…I like to try and be positive about these things

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Small price to pay for going to a game. Suspect there won't be too many left we can go to for a while.

Do you think it more likely that games will have limited/no attendance then? I'm leaning towards full attendance, at the moment...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you think it more likely that games will have limited/no attendance then? I'm leaning towards full attendance, at the moment...

I have no idea. If this escalates as it could there are two obvious shit-hitting-the-fan eventualities...

- Lots of public illness and hospitals bursting
- Many squads decimated with infections

...although if things do get bad, they'll probably happen around the same time.

It may be a case of suspension of football again, before there's any chance for crowd mitigations (reduced capacity or behind-closed-doors).

Hopefully we don't get to find out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never been challenged about wearing one at the Amex either. Interesting to see if it gets enforced. Basically looks like much the same protocols we had with the limited-capacity games.

Might be an issue for anyone who, ahem, doesn’t have the same name as that which is on the ticket (depending on how the pre-match certification works)

Nobody can enforce mask wearing on their premises if it isn't law. Because Boris won't make it law. So people can ignore the guidance.

The club could demand mask wearing but who will enforce it? Too many entitled nobbers, and they can rightly say it isn't law. Fisticuffs?

My trip along for the Wolves game is now in the balance.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Isn't mask wearing in the concourses part of the PL protocols? Believe it has been since the beginning of the season but not been enforced. Surely it must now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isn't mask wearing in the concourses part of the PL protocols? Believe it has been since the beginning of the season but not been enforced. Surely it must now.

One most people are eating and drinking so won’t be wearing one
Two how do you propose enforcing it

I take it you don’t bother going to watch Brighton …too busy scanning the news for any article predicting doom and gloom so you can reproduce it on the covid forum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here