Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Ron Manager

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just had the pleasure of watching this whole series from season 05/06. All the episodes are on Youtube, first part of first episode here: *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkVl3ZhFzf0

What a cringeshow it is.

If you haven't seen it: Peterborough are doing perfectly fine, above expectations, under new manager Steve Bleasedale (who is the only one who appears sensible) when Ron Atkinson turns up to give him some "help". Naturally everything turns into a real shitshow but the most awkward part of the series is how the narrator and the narrative is that Atkinson is some kind of flawless supermanager when it is obvious that his presence is a ****ing disaster which he himself is just completely unable to recognise, just adding to the cringyness.

That said, it is a MUST SEE series.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Atkinson was a kind hearted fool who was unable to drag himself of the 'old school' pit he foolishly threw himself into. [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] you may not know he was caught on air (as a pundit) making quite vile racist comments about a player when he thought the mic was off. He then did another cringeworth TV series apparently trying to learn about what is and what isn't offensive, coming across as an arrogant prick and extremely easy to prank. But I feel a bit sorry for him because it is too easy to trick and bully him; rather like Cartman on Southpark, and our dear dim Das Reich, they seem oblivious of how absolutely embarrassingly stupid they are, and almost wallow in it. Not a great look from any angle.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Atkinson was a kind hearted fool who was unable to drag himself of the 'old school' pit he foolishly threw himself into. [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] you may not know he was caught on air (as a pundit) making quite vile racist comments about a player when he thought the mic was off. He then did another cringeworth TV series apparently trying to learn about what is and what isn't offensive, coming across as an arrogant prick and extremely easy to prank. But I feel a bit sorry for him because it is too easy to trick and bully him; rather like Cartman on Southpark, and our dear dim Das Reich, they seem oblivious of how absolutely embarrassingly stupid they are, and almost wallow in it. Not a great look from any angle.

Yeah I know, they talk about it in the special episode (no 6) about when Atkinson was originally going to Swindon to help one of Iffy Onouara who was then one of two or three black managers in the English league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9018ED95c

Very awkward. Not sure I feel sorry for Atkinson however, he may be easy to trick and bully but I think he has zero self-awareness so shouldnt take much harm from it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I shall watch this hoping that he uses the phrase, 'stick it in the onion bag'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here